Guess the Weight and Win.... Nothing but I'll be STOKED

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000delux

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey Everyone,

Calling all RCer's who have either raced and know about weight of cars (10ths and 12ths) or have flown with their gear...
I am keen to know approx weight of a nitro 1/10th on-road (mtx4r - no weight saving bling) and an electric 1/12th (L4) and :second_place:even transmitters if possible.
Just had a friend flying to Ozzie get stopped for weight and they wouldn't allow her second bag on - NO WAY I'm leaving my baby at the airport when I fly out, I'd rather take it than take my clothes :D
Any idea's / guesses appreciated.

Cheers,
T.

proly ten pouns for the nitro one

Damn bit more than I thought then (stronger than I give myself credit for haaahahaha he says looking at his skinny keyboard arms), thats about 4 / 4.5 kg right?? Sorry don't know imperial sys very well at all.
So I'd guess the 12th would be roughly half that - going to cost me HEAPS to send unaccompanied with insurance but better than leaving it - Thanks Bob.

Weird. My MTX-3 only weighs 3.5 lb. I checked on all my scales. One is an electric scale so that's precise.

EDIT: My electric one is only 2 lb. So you would get 5.5 lb without the Tx, but my guess is that if you have the normal stock radios for both, it'll be about 1-2 lb. If you have like an M11 for both, it'll be like 3-4.

Last edited:
i dunno i know my mt is about 8lbs and my revo wiegh hmm idk

Sweet!! Thats way better news Coby (damn so my arms are just skinny not strong like ox).
I have a Helios EX10 but hers is a :constipat so probably somewhere in between - thats cool there's a 10k limit before prices skyrocket - many tanks peoples - oh just saw Bobs post, surely a race car wouldn't weigh anything like a MT..? All good guys can go back and give them a more accurate weight for approx shipping / unaccompanied :D

Cheers,
Delux.