gs storm issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gscrapper

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, new here.
I have a gs storm that I absolutely love. I'm having trouble..... Its fully tuned and ready to rock, I get it about 15 feet away and it becomes unresponsive. I have tried 3 different receivers and 2 different frequencies. Still the same problem. Last week, it didn't respond, then stuck in full throttle right into my neighbors outdoor christmas decorations. Broke the front lower arm. Rebuilt but same problem. I have an ofna fail safe but it puts the brakes on after approx. 30 seconds of run time. I'm stuck.... Any advise?:\

What are you using for a power supply? Is your antenna the correct length, or has it been cut?

Is it 2.4 radio system?
(my ofna fail safe doesn't work with my 2.4 cuz it's got a build in fail safe)

Did u try a different transmitter?

Antenna length?

Try use fully charged rechargeable batteries.

I am using a 27 mhz TX and RX. The anteanna is original length, bu i am using standard AA batteries. I will try the rechargable ones. or maybe swith to lipo

Sounds like a power supply problem like everyone is suggesting. Make sure the wires from your supply arent cut and limiting power to the rx. I love my storm as well, great buggy

Thanks for all the feedback guys, tried the new batteries and made a few adjustments and it seems to be running great... Its always the simplest things.... Now if it would stop raining, i could go out and run it.