gs storm center diff upgrade suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
looking for hopup parts for the gs storm center diff. i need some suggestions. maybe something beefy that won't break the bank.

The obvious bling-bling, center diff upgrade would be a torsen diff. At $200-$250, however, I think that would fall under the broken-bank category.

Why exactly have you picked the center diff as an upgrade canidate? Have you played around with silicone oil to tune the diffs at all? Do you race?

hello rob, i'd race if i could drive. i seem to be able to build a nice truck here and there but i'm really just a basher. i'm wondering if the storm center diff is really going to hold up to the punishment of the .26 with the mutant chassis setup. it honestly seems a bit flimsey in comparison to the rest of it. everything else is steel except for the front/rear diff housings that are stock t maxx. don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking the storm. yes i've seen the the more expensive torsen diffs but just wondring if thier might be a more beefy setup without spending the $200+. i'm using 7,000 wt silicon oil filled to your specs.

ahhhh "mutant chassis". I thought this was a normal buggy. The Monster Pirate center diff has been used for several applications. It's not a "diff" at all. It's just a spur gear connected to a solid axel. People have used them in twin engine setups. the one thing i don't know is if it's a 1/10 scale spur gear or a 1/8th scale. the tooth pitch is different between 1/10 and 1/8 (ask wdavidhicks).

for a special project like that, I'd check out a solid axel setup.

thanks

Back