GS MT's & Storm conversions :^O

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadrash13

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey MT Boys & Girls,

GS will have the MT line up ready here real soon!

They are building an RTR MT, a Pro MT and a Storm conversion kit.

Prices & MT's are not yet available, but as soon as they are I will post them! I have a few pics. available if you are interested in this information, please email me at [email protected]

NOTE:
Serious inquaries only please, as it takes to long to sort and send this information!

I am an adult Sponcered Team GS driver, just trying to let MT drivers get a little heads up on the genral RC population!

Thanks for your interest...

Kind Regards, Steve

I am on the virge of buying either a Mad Force or an X-Factor but I love my Storm!!! Get me info quick before I spend my loot. :D

I found pics!!!

gsstorm_truck.jpg

gsstorm_truck2.jpg

First of all... if those are authentic, how the hell??? I just spent half an hour in Google and I couldn't find anything.

Second... it looks like a Storm chassis with MT wheels/tires and some bumpers. I would imagine gearing has changed too but I could do that with my Storm.

However I will say those are some sweet looking tires. :D

A GS truggy...kewl!!!

Looks like they went with different hubs as well. They sure as hell dont look like standard 17mm buggy hubs.

I need to figure out how to do get the body posts mounted like that on my inferno.

I have pics of the Pro MT, & more of the RTR....

Hey everybody,

I'm waiting for a reply from Michael at GS right now (I emailed him yesterday) to find out when the Trucks & Conversion kits will be available! Watch for posts :^)

Steve

Well I got my reply from GS, but not exactly what I wanted to
hear! Guess I'll have to be patient :^(

Heres the reply:

Hey Steve,

You will only have to be patient a little bit longer. They are trying
to get them out in time for Christmas and we were displaying a GS SUT RTR at the Hobby Visions show in Las Vegas last week. We did get a prototype conversion kit about a month ago "for the emlpoyees" at GS and we've been testing it out. Horizon Hobbies may have them early next month but I don't know when we will have them.

Hang in there.

GS Pro MT..

Attachments

• dscn1865p.jpg
    dscn1865p.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 218
Heres a pic of the RTR hub adaptors, I would think the Pro MT hub adaptors would be hard coated like the Pro Buggies!

Attachments

• 064_gs-mt.jpg
    064_gs-mt.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 214
I am wanting to turn my storm into an MT where can I get the hub adapters and the different gears? Also what gear ratio do I need.. Again I have a stock storm to build on... All and any help appriated...:help: :yes:

you actually don't need hub adaptors.. just get the OFNA Dominator wheels they use a 17mm set

2027Picture_184-med.jpg

you dont need longer hubs for steering clearence?

Hey Steve,

Please keep me inform when GS comes out with GS Storm Unlimited Truck Pro Kit! Thanks pal!

Pro MT

GOOD NEWS!!!
I just got an email yesterday from GS telling me the Pro MT will be available late January. The prices were not discussed but I would expect they would be comparable to the buggy prices, for example: the Storm Pro Buggy Kit is $429.00 at Horizon Hobby site so the Storm Pro Unlimited MT should be about $329.00. I think this because the Storm RTR Buggy is $549.00 & the Storm RTR Unlimited MT is $449.00 at Horizon Hobby Site right now! I have been waiting for the GS MT's to come out for over a year now! So hold tight & you will get one. Be sure to check out the NORRCA event stats. at www.gsracing.com the GS Team kicked a$$!!!

Nice Job Garen & Marty :winnar:

GS Storm Conversion Kits

MORE GOOD NEWS!

The Storm Unlimited MT Conversion Kits are now available at: Horizon Hobby $169.99 Check it out!

Thanks, Steve

Originally posted by cfloyd
you dont need longer hubs for steering clearence?

You actually don't, the offset works out to be the same

What the adaptors give you is the ability of using t-maxx style wheels,
Then you can use the proline offset wheels, that will widen the stance an extra 1" if you like. Plus you'll have the ability to choose a wide variety of wheel styles. The Ofna wheels only come in the one style

Originally posted by Roadrash13
MORE GOOD NEWS!

The Storm Unlimited MT Conversion Kits are now available at: Horizon Hobby $169.99 Check it out!

Thanks, Steve

Too new to get a parts list?

what about gearing? don't i need a smaller clutch bell? if i do will ofna clutch bells work on the gs?, can't seem to find anything smaller than stock for the gs.. thanks for the help.. roadrash- should have are track completed in the spring, where can i get a gs banner to hang at the track?

Horizon Hobby's says they are not yet available.. I'll keep waiting.

well....

all i need is a front shock tower and spur gear off the sut and my storm conversion is finished.. can't wait till the parts are available..:dance: