Grapics Program

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yeah I know I've been acting like a blundering novice here lately as far as computer psychobabble goes however I am looking for a kind of industrial graphics program. What I am looking to do is a massive resizing to the pics I took in Panama.

About half of the pics were taken at 640X480 however the other half were taken at 1280X960. Those pics I would like to change into 640X480. I know I could do it using my favorite graphics program, MS Paint however resizing about 3000 files is not going to be any sort of expedient task. Later I'd like to drop all of them down to thumbs as well to post om one of my web pages.

While I know I am not going to post all 6000 of the pics I do know there are a great many I am going to post. I already tried the manual way and after resizing about 30 of the the thought of resizing the rest of them seemed a little bit of a pain in the butt.

Now that I've stated the purpose does anyone know a program that'll work to do something of this nature?

i dont know a program but when u go to do the thumbnails u can just u a html code just in case u didnt know
Doug

I know I can code them down but why code them down when you still have to wait for the entire image to load. You're almost better off not even bothering with the thumbs if they will be the same size, memory wise, as the pics you are wanting to link them to. I mean if you take a 200kb pic and use coding you have a 200kb pic that takes the same time to load but looks like a tiny image. If you actually reduce the image size you take the 200kb image and make the thumb 20kb, thus faster load times.

try irfanview at tucows. its free and it works for me

i use the acd it works great it is simple to use and that is a + in my book...

ACDSee is a great VIEWER but its not that great of an editor. It seems ElP is looking for a program that will auto resize multiple images rather quickly.

That media resizer looks kewl as hell. I think I may just have to get that as well. Good find Whitt. :thumbup:

PhotoShop 6 and 7 both have 'batch' functions that will do both of what you are looking for. One will take all photos in one directory, create smaller file size thumbs, layout a web page with those thumbs and doing all the coding to include Title and NavBar. The other option will simply batch size down a whole directory of pictures for you. The cool part is, when you downsize them, you can have the computer name them in sequence.

Does Photoshop Elements 2 do the same thing?

No idea. Havent loaded that one up. If it does, it will be right under the 'file' menu, then 'batch'.

6000 pics would take a long time on acd sorry did not read all.

Originally posted by robriguez
It seems ElP is looking for a program that will auto resize multiple images rather quickly.

That media resizer looks kewl as hell. I think I may just have to get that as well. Good find Whitt. :thumbup:
That's exactly what I am looking for. A real labor saving device. The one Error recomended is probably a good program but it does not seem too mook friendly to me. regardless of whether the aspect of the pic was a landscape or portrait it changed all portraits into landscape views by cropping. The files I am doing this to I want to maintain their information that was taken in the pic. Cropping is not an option Also the free version sounded the corners of the pics. While it looks like you might be albe to change this option in the full version you can't in the eval version.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
PhotoShop 6 and 7 both have 'batch' functions that will do both of what you are looking for. One will take all photos in one directory, create smaller file size thumbs, layout a web page with those thumbs and doing all the coding to include Title and NavBar. The other option will simply batch size down a whole directory of pictures for you. The cool part is, when you downsize them, you can have the computer name them in sequence.
What's photoshop run. Can a get a real version in addition to the dl version? Can I get a manual? I have tried photoshop and it turned out I needed a manual to understand the program.

Thanks everyone for helping.

EP

Ok, media resizer will do what EP wants, but it has a bug in it. The screen that allows you to do border effects doesn't have any VISABLE buttons. You select the no effect styles and hit the enter key (I reckon the OK button that's not visable is the default button) Then resize at will. I might reg this one, it's kind of useful.

It will set you back some cash! About 600.00 (i'm sure you can find it for less E-Bay)but if you ask me it is the only way to go! As for manual if you get it new it will have a help file. I say just sit down and play with it for a few hours and you will get the hang of it. I taught myself how to use it and did photo portfolio stuff in collage with it.

Photoshop Album is only like $50 for someone that can make money doing graphic work Photoshop is worth the $600 :D but yeah its outragious

Macromedia Fireworks acts just like photoshop. Cheaper and has the same features basicly. Thats only about 150 for the newest version.

Originally posted by error401
http://www.mediaresizer.com/default.htm

Whitt...
While not being as kind of a "slam bam, thank ya ma'am" as I was looking for this little gem does what I want it to do almost painlessly. It's a little work to resize the pics from 1280X960 to around 640X480, though not as much work as my beloved MS Paint would be, however it is worth it's weight in gold after they are resized turning them into thumbnails. I plan on buying it as soon as my free period ends. No sense in buying something if I finish my work before the 15 day period expires.

So I guess I will not be getting a CD-ROM in the mail. Thank god...the thought of making my Mac crunch through 6000 images from Panama was gonna make me vomit, but I'd do it to help a friend...What the hell am I saying? MOOK!

Glad you found something that works.

Back