Granite 4x4 BLX or Proline MT4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey up folks...

Currently got a heavily modded outcast and a long shocked Talion I'm still fixing.... The boy has a granite mega 2wd also which has proved amusing but not without issues..

I'd like to get something 1/10th ish scale and am debating between the new Granite BLX and PLMT4x4. And yes I know we're on an Arrma forum!.. Basically I'm after a best durability and handling combo. It will mostly be skatepark use with the usual flips etc, but want it to handle on the dirt also. By handle I mean having good natural geometry to start with.

The Granite looks good and has low weight on it's side. The MT looks good also but is heavier but more stout.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of both?.

Thanks

I don't have experience with the MT 4X4 but I'd suggest watching Rich Duperbash on YouTube. He has ran both trucks. Just my two cents. ?

As for the Granite 4x4 BLX, I've seen from my buddies a broken wheelie bar, a dead servo and now there is a clicking noise coming from the rear. Bashed it about 4 times so far. But the truck has been very impressive still.

I don't have experience with the MT 4X4 but I'd suggest watching Rich Duperbash on YouTube. He has ran both trucks. Just my two cents. ?

As for the Granite 4x4 BLX, I've seen from my buddies a broken wheelie bar, a dead servo and now there is a clicking noise coming from the rear. Bashed it about 4 times so far. But the truck has been very impressive still.

Thanks , and yes I have watched a few vids including Richs' but his driving is a bit next level compared to most of us!...

That's what I thought. Really kind of a pointless comparison. You either want to drop $650 or so for a top of the line 1/10 scale MT or you don't.

Actually no.

Just because a truck is more expensive it doesn't mean it is better. Though as we all know, comparing the attributes of "better" is a very subjective personal thing.

My main brief was durability and handling at skateparks . Not cost. That's why I mentioned those criteria.

I just wondered if anyone had experience of both and could give some insight. And frankly, if the Granite was 75% of the Proline in terms of my brief then at that point I would consider the cost aspect...

If you get all the electronics off ebay from China you can probably bring the price down to like a $200 difference.

Technically possible yes. But I would not build it that way. Also I'm in the UK so everything costs loads more sadly!!

Can’t that proline driveline take 6s?

Evidently yes mate. However from what I've read its not liable to last long and the sweet spot is 4s. Plenty running on 1/10 scale stuff and 3s that look to be more than adequate...

Due to pricing and availability I would most likely be using Hobbywing gear; a max8 or max10 set up... Have quite a few 3s batteries as I use them doubled up on my 6s rigs so would probably like to go 3s if it could work.

Haha... Well I watched his latest video earlier and the truck certainly looks impressive relative to its price point...

Then I accidentally logged into the model shop page on it and accidentally pressed buy it now!!...

So looks like I'm sticking with Arrma for now for a 1/10th MT - should be with me tomorrow... :cool:

Haha... Well I watched his latest video earlier and the truck certainly looks impressive relative to its price point...

Then I accidentally logged into the model shop page on it and accidentally pressed buy it now!!...

So looks like I'm sticking with Arrma for now for a 1/10th MT - should be with me tomorrow... :cool:

The Granite 4x4 BLX is a tremendous value and I love the truck, but I think the Proline is a higher quality truck. Trying to decide if the extra cost justifies the added quality is the issue. That said, I think you will enjoy the Granite :)

I think I agree with @bicketybam . I suspect comparing the ProMT4x4 to the 4x4 Granite BLX3s is a bit like trying to compare the $500 Outcast to the Tekno MT410 that will cost $800-$1000 all in. Yeah, the MT410 is probably better, but how much better? Same for the ProMT4x4 - yeah, it is probably a bit stronger, better shocks, etc, but is it worth 2x the cost of the Granite BLX3s? Hard to say...

The granite looks extremely tough, have fun and post how you like it.

I'm with you chaps... Thanks.

To be honest it is always very hard to decide what and by how much one truck is better than another. I think forums can certainly help decide which trucks may be awful, but the rest is tricky. I guess sometimes you just gotta go buy one and find out for yourself!..

I'm confident the BLX will certainly be worth its value. I'll share it with the boy anyway, and if it's just not enough truck for me then he can lay claim...

I'll let you know how we get on :).

Oh, and if anyone does have both, then let me know your findings please anyway.

The Granite 4x4 BLX is a tremendous value and I love the truck, but I think the Proline is a higher quality truck. Trying to decide if the extra cost justifies the added quality is the issue. That said, I think you will enjoy the Granite :)

Yes, the PL certainly looks like quality ( bar from the spur gear material choice I believe). But then it does carry all the weight where the granite is comparably lighter. Whilst we have broken my sons Granite mega before, that thing is soo light and flimsy that it seems to just comically bounce and nearly always land on the wheels! It's definitely a laugh 'at' not 'with' kinda truck :).

I have a Senton BLX 3S and a Proline MT 4x4, if you want to bash it out of the box go for the Granite. The PLMT will require further upgrades to get it to a point where stuff don't break every battery pack but once you sort out a PLMT it is on another level versus the composite trucks from ARRMA. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Back