Got my son a Revo for X-mas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rctommy said:
there still outside running it lol!

ROFL

yeah next question will be replacment engine, because they have 7 gallons through the stocker :cheers:

Sorry Guys, been VERY busy.

Well X-mas morning the boys were up around 7:30am and came crashing into our room to wake us up. After i got dressed and grabbed the cameras we headed down stairs to see what "Santa " had brung.

Of course my son Tyler went for his big box first..but we told him to open it LAST..lol. He opened a funny shaped package that turned out to be a gal. metal can of Traxxas 33% nitro, he said " cool, but this is 33%, i run 20% in my T-Maxx..?" I said it will be ok man, you'll see. He opened up the other gifts which were things for his T-Maxx like new rims, ect.
and then it was time for the BIG box.....when he took that first big rip of the wrapping paper and saw that big picture of the REVO staring back at him...he jumped up from a sitting position and said.." NO FREAKING WAY" i think he was in shock..hehehe.
Of course he opened the box up and to his surprise it also contained a full set of RPM arms for the REVO...he was on cloud 9 for sure.

I helped him put the arms on it right away(i should of done it BEFORE and put it in the box that way) but i couldnt find the time without them in the house to do it before hand.

He charged it up and we went outside to fire it up. We were very lucky to have a warm spell here in Ohio and temps were perfect for breaking it in.
Heres a few pictures of the Revo after i got the RPM arms on it.

42DSCFrevo1-med.JPG

42DSCFrevo2-med.JPG

42DSCFrevo4-med.JPG

42DSCFrevo5-med.JPG

Well everything has went perfect with the break-in and this truck runs AWESOME.....he can't get over how much faster it is than his T-Maxx and he can't wait for summer to get out in some dirt to thrash around with.

Thanks for all the comments guys, i know my son will get many years of enjoyment out of this truck..when the motor does wear out we'll eith look at putting in another 2.5R or maybe he'll be ready to step up tp an .18, ya never know.
As soon as i figure out how to upload my videos to a hosting site i'll post them up on here for ya.

Happy Holidays to all.

Scott

that is just too kool ,i am sure we will all be awaiting the vid's just to see this surprised young mans face

Yeah, very cool. Now lower it a bit and drag race the T-Maxx. Your son will be surprised how much better it handles than a T-maxx, too.

I think mine started out as the blue color body, too, but I have been through so many bodies since then I am not sure!!! I have not had the need for RPM arms yet and even run the stock hinge pins, although yesterday I did see some rust on my front ones when I tore apart the front steering set to clean it out.

www.rcpics.net allows up to 20 meg videos.... (hint hint!)

I'd like to have seen the look on your sons face! Priceless!

I also didn't realize the revo was longer wheelbase'd than the t-maxx?