Got my first LiPo!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodgamer

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got two SC10's today brushed and brushless both LiPo and both hall! I haven't ran it at a track cause I got them about an hour ago and have been messing around with them since. :)

Just remember to use a low-voltage cut-off and to balance-charge them and you'll be fine.

I heard about the cut-off is that in the ESC or a secondary unit? And to balance charge?

It depends on the ESC. Most of the newer brushless ESCs have it built in. If yours doesn't have it you can purchase an external one. Any decent charger for LiPos will have a balancing unit built into it.

I just looked it up it has a cut-off I couldn't find where it said the voltage it cuts-off my ESC also has a reverse lockout and I couldn't get the reverse lockout to turn off. :( So when I push my contoller in reverse it just go's faster I have a bruise on the side of my leg from it already. Haha And my charger is a Onyx 245 that does have a balancig unit.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

My lipos are 5000Mah and 7.4 volts what should they be cutting out at?

Ok I have not yet ran it that low yet its been hot outside so I have ran it for a long time. How long should the run time be?

Ok I have not yet ran it that low yet its been hot outside so I have ran it for a long time. How long should the run time be?

It'll depend on the load put on your system (will change with terrain, driving style and condition of drivetrain), and how accurate the battery is labeled (some companies fudge number, some good others bad).

It'll depend on the load put on your system (will change with terrain, driving style and condition of drivetrain), and how accurate the battery is labeled (some companies fudge number, some good others bad).

Ok and whats a fudge number?

Ok and whats a fudge number?

They may not be the MOST accurate numbers. I've heard that MaxAmps is pretty good at stretching the truth. Some may me overrated while others are underrated.

It depends on the ESC. Most of the newer brushless ESCs have it built in. If yours doesn't have it you can purchase an external one. Any decent charger for LiPos will have a balancing unit built into it.

I have checked my RC car`s ESC but it doesn't have cut-off . can you share some link where from I can purchase it.

About 6.2 volts.

It shuts off at 6.2.

I ran one two cell through it than put another two cell in it to run it agian but my ESC got stuck full trottle even with the on-off switch in off position :( So I am down a speed control but its alright I broke the front end off that car a couple days earlier and just super glued it back together. Not to happy with these cars.

Typical rules of thumb is that you get a charger to charge faster if you try it, at a price higher than the price they can afford both. For example, a 1500mAh receiver pack should not be paid more than 1.5. A charge not more than 1A, which means 1.5 times from a dead volume of a pay packet. A slow paid their last long longer segments.

Back