Got me a new scaler!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mandatory flex shot

flexshot.gif

About to get it's first real test run!

stance.gif

Gettin Down!

dirtydirty.gif

This is a RTR RC4WD T-Finder scale truck.

While the chassis has what seems to be a nice scale look it doesn't exactly work that well as is. Even with 90mm shocks it sits way too high IMO, it would sit much better with a full droop set up but that would take away from the scale look.

The link mount are not what I would consider to be strong, they are pretty soft! The link geometry is also not what I expected, the shocks are nice and soft but the suspension is still very stiff and does not articulate smoothly at all. The axles look sick but the shock and link mounts don't hold onto the axles as well as they should, the axles roll inside of them.

The 2ch RC4WD radio feels very cheap, I can actually feel the plastic give while I drive but it does work. The outcry esc seems to work well with no reverse delay and a rock solid brake even with the larger Rok Lox meats

All of these problems are easily fixed but I guess I was spoiled by the killer performance I got out of my SCX trucks. If your looking for a scale looking set up this rig is nice but if you want a scale performer this is not even in the same category as the Axial SCX....I wish I would have bought the SCX!

Last edited:
I do like those axles and the ARB pumpkin covers. I might have to get me a set for my SCX.

Back