Got A TRX-4M. Looking for mods.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I lust got a Traxxas TRX-4M and I was wandering if some of ya'll have any mod ideas.

I’ve been working on a Lexan body for mine.
I’m a Ford guy who bought the Bronco be cause I liked the body.
Thing is it’s so top heavy I think the best thing you can do before adding weight down low is reduce weight up high.

What have you done to give it a low center of gravity?

Maybe this will give you some ideas.
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholes...rmance+upgrade&spm=a2g0o.order_list.1000002.0
I have done these.
PXL_20220124_034806610.jpg

PXL_20220124_035134549.jpg

PXL_20221027_043159088.jpg

My TRX4 is mostly scale so I have not done a lot of performance upgrades. Although If I were to go down that road, I would definitely look at the fusion motor/ESC.

This is a rabbit hole that you're jumping down. I started with an original SCX-10 Kit and then ended up upgrading everything except the frame rails. The cost? Well, it's a good thing that I don't have a wife as I would be in the doghouse for the next several years.

As far as upgrades go, I'd recommend better tires on true beadlock wheels and weight down low such as weights inside the wheels. Maybe also some lights.

This is my money pit:

20120911_211452.jpg

20140712_194627.jpg

I can't figure out why Traxxas put the wrong size of allen wrenches in the box...
Did any of y'all have the same problem?

Didn't even try the supplied allen wrenches. :oops: now I'm going to have to look, if I can remember which ones came with it.

3 allen wrenches, 1 four-way wrench.

Same here.
What tools do you use?

Update: I figured out that Traxxas does NOT include a 1/16 in. allen wrench.

For performance, I went with portal cover weights both front and back. It's about as low as you can put the weight, and since it isn't rotating you don't increase stress on the drivetrain (any more than the same weight anywhere else would, that is). It was also a good opportunity to grease up the gears in the portals. I have heard some people have clearance issues with them (too big for inside certain wheels), but I upgraded to beadlock wheels by the same brand at the same time and didn't have any issues.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/ssd-rc...7wE8x72ecUImyAT0E41chv6l4eEP5RqhoCtQcQAvD_BwE

Hey y'all, just wondering if anybody has inner fender ideas for the TRX-4M.
Just trying to let less dirt in.

Last edited:
I will be getting some of those upgrades here soon.

Back