Good suspension for the Arrma Senton?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiplashGamz

RCTalk Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
so if any of y'all have seen my recent post, you probably know that I broke the front a shock arm and the top of the shock absorber, so, I'm debating on whether to upgrade the suspension altogether, but I've seen posts about some shock arms easily breaking on the senton. Now, me being in the RC hobby for only a year, I don't have much experience with parts. Does anyone know any reliable shock arms and shock absorbers for the Arrma Senton?

I use RPM arms on just about every rig I have except for my Xmaxx. I highly recommend them.

wdym by "moves the shock down the line to another part"?
If you go aluminum arms, the end axle carrier may break next. If it has larger wheels or extended axles the chances are higher through leverage.

The other side of the arm where it mounts to the chassis, if plastic would be the part I would consider breaking after aluminum arms because I feel the whole arm would create leverage.

If you go full aluminum you risk overheating and tearing your motor up trying to stop all that weight. You also risk bending aluminum. Plastic has flex and is capable of absorbing shock.

Aluminum has its place. I have aluminum on a few of my trucks, just in the right areas and for the right purpose.

The RPM arms warp over time, so store your RC lifted above the ground. Stock Arms and RPM arms are brittle in cold weather, what temperature was it? I have no issues with the Senton arms even with 15 foot jumps.

The RPM arms warp over time, so store your RC lifted above the ground. Stock Arms and RPM arms are brittle in cold weather, what temperature was it? I have no issues with the Senton arms even with 15 foot jumps.
i mean we recently had a winter storm pass by, so it was quite cold, but when I crashed it, it was somewhat normalish? idk there is no normal temperature down here in moncks corner

i mean we recently had a winter storm pass by, so it was quite cold, but when I crashed it, it was somewhat normalish? idk there is no normal temperature down here in moncks corner
At around 40F (4.4C), the plastic becomes weaker, I shattered a stock arm on my Typhon 3s from a small cartwheel in 40F weather, at 50F (10C) and above, it's much stronger and I can do 15 foot jumps with no issues.

Back