Good SCT tires that dont blow apart.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking for a set of tires, and preferably wheels, since i hate gluing, that wont explode on a Losi 22S on 3S. I have maybe 15 runs through it, and have blown 3 sets of brand new tires on it (The originals that came on it, a set of Pro-Line Badlands MX, and a set i found on eBay). All were preglued, so its not an issue with me gluing them.

The issue may be that they are pre glued. I have had pre mounts come apart on aggressive 2S and small block nitro. I wouldn't think they would hold up any better under 3S. Try gluing your own. The tire glues aren't bad just a little runny, but I prefer the gel super glues you can find at the hardware store. I think Loctite makes it.

The issue may be that they are pre glued. I have had pre mounts come apart on aggressive 2S and small block nitro. I wouldn't think they would hold up any better under 3S. Try gluing your own. The tire glues aren't bad just a little runny, but I prefer the gel super glues you can find at the hardware store. I think Loctite makes it.
The issue is that they balloon and then rip apart. I have tried taping them, and had limited success with it on a set of MT tires, so i would rather just find a set of already belted tires, but noone seems to make any.

Back