Good (legal) Music download sites for an IPod?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I know this has been gone over before but times have changed and new places pop up all the time.

I just got an IPod and am looking to join a download service.
Who's Hot, who's not?

Actually, I got 2 of them One a 20 gig and the other is a mini 4 gig. Except the obvious capacity difference. What are the pros and cons of each? I need to decide which one to keep and witch one to sell.

i use bearshare it only costs like 30 or 40 dollars per year and you get unlimited down loads and all, idk ill talk to my bro if u want more info on it he knows about all that stuff but thats what we use to burn CD's.

I've used bearshare, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal. It didn't cost me anything to use it, and I downloaded **** ******* using it. So, I'm pretty sure it's not legal...

Last edited:
i think it offers legal and illegal stuff like kaza does o well, i paid so it dont matter to me

LimeWire is Legal. there are two basic and i forgot the other one keep basic. is totally legal. and its free. the only difference is that you get a "turbo charged" connection and from what I've seen if you stay logged in long enough you go turbo.its perfect for me. you may want to make a new folder other than that it d/l's to as it will affect the initial startup of the program.

NOTE>>>>>>>
This site does not endorse illegal downloading of songs nor will it be discussed on this site.

I'm looking for pay by the song download sites.

Eddy I tunes Is a great site You pay for what you get...I use it all the time...

I use ITunes as well.

FRIDGE said:
LimeWire is Legal. there are two basic and i forgot the other one keep basic. is totally legal. and its free. the only difference is that you get a "turbo charged" connection and from what I've seen if you stay logged in long enough you go turbo.its perfect for me. you may want to make a new folder other than that it d/l's to as it will affect the initial startup of the program.

No, that used to be the case. I think they recently got caught up in some legal action. Because I do remeber wen limwire said it was legal, but nowhere on their site do they say it's legal.

eddy, did you get the new color 20g? or the regular screen? cause i was thinking of getting the 20g with the color screen but wanted to wait to see how people like it. thanks

Eddy, I highly suggest using iTunes to download your songs. They have CD's you can guy and all that stuff, its really easy to use, especially with a Mac and iPod.

From everything I've heard and read iTunes right now is the leader in legal download songs.

-Michael

ps. wanna give me the mini? :D

I got the 20 gig B&W and the Mini B&W. I also picked up 2 JBL On Stage speaker systems that they slide into. Its good to have friends in the open box business. The big one has been used with some scratches on the back but the little one was still in the plastic protector they come from the factory in and has never been used.

The JBL speakers are not to bad. They compare to a GOOD set of computer speakers without a sub. They lack just a little in the low end but over all sound better then I expected. They are in no way a replacement for a boom box or an audio system but are perfect for a bedroom or office or the garage where mine has found a home.

napster you pay and download unlimited and perfectly legal. i have like 3000 sonegs on mine so far and love it!

ITunes is good. I dont have an i-pod, but my little sister does... The songs are like .99 each... that could get expensive... maybe not compared to cd prices though...

FastEddy said:
NOTE>>>>>>>
This site does not endorse illegal downloading of songs nor will it be discussed on this site.

I'm looking for pay by the song download sites.

That's good and all, until you move over seas and see the industry is more corrupt than the United States. I have lived almost four years overseas, and I am presently in Iraq. I can get the brand new movie, "Islands" for like 2 bucks. Not to mention a crystal clear picture! I just don't see the big deal! I have'nt paid for music in quite sometime! The states is just to wrapped up in the legal crapt! Lighten up Eddy!

woody said:
That's good and all, until you move over seas and see the industry is more corrupt than the United States. I have lived almost four years overseas, and I am presently in Iraq. I can get the brand new movie, "Islands" for like 2 bucks. Not to mention a crystal clear picture! I just don't see the big deal! I have'nt paid for music in quite sometime! The states is just to wrapped up in the legal crapt! Lighten up Eddy!

Wow too shots at EDDY in one day..
Woody so what your saying is that its all right to cheat and steal???Thats pretty harsh comeing from some one that is in the service.
It is illeagle none the less

Woody read the rules

If your not cheating, your not trying! I just see it as what's the big deal? We got bigger problems in this world than worrying about somebody downloading some damn song! When you have lived overseas, you become numb to these issues! I love America home of the free, land of the brave, etc... Have served 12 long years, and will continue until it's not fun anymore! But, I'm entitled to my own opinion! Some people speed and break the law. I just think I will break the law downloading illegal music? Just me!
I do still buy CD's though! When I determine that I like the music, I usually purchase it. I'm not trying to attack anyone, please don't think that! Sorry If I offended you Fasteddy, guess I'm just pissed off this morning. God damn terrorist's bombed us yesterday!

Woody

O, tell me about it, it is ssoooo easy to get illegal movies and crap over there....My dad was stationed in kuwait/iraq/afghanistan for a year, and he cudve bought sooo many movies for dirt cheap. Not to mention video games. They had tons way before they came out. And, as you said, most were crystal clear picture.

NOTE: I never once said he bought those movies.

Back