Godale's Emaxx Brushless Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had gotten the gmaxx single speed route right from the start. Like you, I bought 2 UE steel idler gears because that’s what the stock tranny required. With the gmaxx single speed conversion, you will only use 1 idler gear. If I had known that at the time, I could have only bought one idler gear from UE and used the $$ saved on the 2nd one towards the conversion kit. Those idler gears were expensive. Now I have a back-up idler gear although I can't imagine one of those would go.

I know what you mean. The stock tranny is almost bullet proof once you replace the idler gears. You are right.. they were expensive... a bit much in my opinion, but I knew I needed them so I made the purchase. That is part of this hobby I guess. Live an learn. Sometimes you learn after the fact. Like you.... had I known about the forward only... I probably would have gone that route from the begining. I knew the BL setup would rock, but never guessed it would render the low gear useless. Like you said.. I will have a back up should the need ever arise. Thanks again for the info.

Tom

Hey Guys,

Here is a shot of the latest round of hopups..... It is not much, but I figured I would post. I have added a set of Maximizer 17mm Beadlocks with a 1/2 inch offset, Maximizer aluminium 17mm adapters, and a proline Badlands tires with molded foams. Like I said, not much, but I figured I would post the progress. Thanks guys.

Tom

100_1701.jpg

100_1704.jpg

100_1705.jpg

100_1700.jpg

Looking good.

I love the aggressive look of the badlands.

Thanks guys. I am really liking the looks of those badlands as well. They really work well on a variety of surfaces. I can go from pavment to dirt with no real handling issues. Other than it being very grippy on the asphalt. It handles much better than the stock chevrons. I am very happy with them. They are a bit more narrow than the stockers as well, and that added with the offeset of the wheels really help the truck to handle really well. Even though the CGA is still high.... I have much better control especially at speed.

The one question I have though, is it normal for the insides of the beadlocks to spin? I am having no problems getting up to speed, but I noticed that under harder exceleration and braking that the centers want to spin. Thanks guys.

Tom

The badlands add the humph.......looking good..

Now some action shots....ya know jump the house and such..;)

I don't know that I will ever be that gutsy! LOL I was jumping off the front porch this afternoon though. :celebrate3: I will have to get some action shots here soon. I am working on some ideas for a ramp. Just something to mess around with in the yard. It does fly surprisingly well for a such an awkward looking truck. I am very happy with it. It has been a fun project and it is really nice to just charge it and go.

Tom

You can always buy one of those plastic skate board ramps for cheap. It's not all that high so I shove stuff under it to add height. It works ok and I just hang it on the wall in the garage.

You know I have thought about that. I may just peak in Wal-Mart this weekend to see what they have. I is pretty neat to see these things airborn! It flies really well for a truck with such a high COG. Thanks for the info.

Tom

Yes sir, I would line up all my RCs and jump them with my Son's Emaxx :) I got some video of it but just can't figure out this camera.

I lucked out a few weeks back. I went to homedepo with my dad and we were walking back to the truck when I spoted something in the bushes. I thought hey that looks like a ramp and shure enought it was one of those bmx ramps. Took it home whiped it off painted a stripe design up it so i could see the ramp stand out from the curb and it works great. They give just the right amount of lift and dont pitch it up to hard.

Bryson

Sounds like alot of fun. I have never been much of a jumper... fearing I would break something, but you know what... that is all part of the game I suppose. At least I know that there is nothing on that truck that can't be rebuilt. Now maybe not rebuilt cheaply... but rebuilt none the less. Thanks for the tips guys.

My next step is a single speed transmission!

Tom

Well I pretty much finnished my Tmaxx to BL Emaxx convertion. Here is a few pictures...at the time, I didn't have any body holes drilled. So the body seems pretty high.

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Sorry I am so late responding to this.... I just saw it. Nice build my friend. You will have alot of fun with it. In fact it is starting to become one of my favorite rigs to drive! LOL Looks really nice my friend. Have fun.

Tom

Thanks

Ya, I got hooked on my son's Emaxx a while back. We would take turns driving it while I waited on parts for the Revo. Half the fun driving it was I didn't have to carry a glow stick or a fuel bottle etc.

Anyhow, did you ever build/Buy you a ramp yet? I haven't had the chance to drive my truck yet let alone jump it. I'm saving up for some Lipos :drool: I figured I would order my pinion with the new packs. First things first...need to order an Alky injection kit for my T-type Regal (1:1) car. Race gas is around 7 bux a gallon where meth/alky is only 4 bux a gallon and last longer.

Thanks

Ya, I got hooked on my son's Emaxx a while back. We would take turns driving it while I waited on parts for the Revo. Half the fun driving it was I didn't have to carry a glow stick or a fuel bottle etc.

Anyhow, did you ever build/Buy you a ramp yet? I haven't had the chance to drive my truck yet let alone jump it. I'm saving up for some Lipos :drool: I figured I would order my pinion with the new packs. First things first...need to order an Alky injection kit for my T-type Regal (1:1) car. Race gas is around 7 bux a gallon where meth/alky is only 4 bux a gallon and last longer.

Nope... haven't gotten around to building a ramp as of yet. The weather turned warm, and I started working out outdoor/home improvment projects. I should be done with the major stuff in a few weeks. I intend to start messing around with the RC's at that point. I haven't even looked at my RC's in almost a month now. Good luck with your 1:1!

Tom

Back