Glue question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Although this doesn't apply to RC, I figure there are some guys out there who know what I need. Here's the deal. I am installing new door speakers in my car. But when I went to take the door panel off, a piece of trim broke off. So now it doesn't stay where it should. I am looking for a good way to stick it back on. The piece is plastic, and it has to stick to that fake textured looking stuff that the panels are usually made of. What would you all suggest I try?

good epoxy maybe. The kids these days are huffing these glues and that puts pressure on the glue makers to make non-toxic glues. I've noticed these new glues dont work well. I'm sure you can get the good stuff someplace.

Good luck fixing your trim.

I would use some double sided molding tape that stuff sticks great you should be able to get it at murrays or auto zone

Clean all with DA and use some Gap filling CA glue.
I have used this on many surfaces. As long as it is clean and free from grease,Armorall, and the rest it will hold like a champ and is east to use.

Goirilla Snot just don't get the poop anywhere you don't want it seen aka 3m trim ashisive...X

I used to use this stuff on my guitar picks called Gorilla snot. It was like that Stick-um stuff that football player used. Helped to keep from dropping my picks when I played. Doubt it's the same stuff. But it's probably close.

This stuff is YELLOW its in a Red tube made bye 3M its their trim adheisve it will stick damn near anything...
X

2 part 5 min epoxy you can get it anywhere and it sets up in 5 minutes. IT comes in clear double barrel syringe style tubes.

I have some of that stuff I used it on MY Basher Body and god it works just work in a very well ventilated area( I couldn't smell anything for 3 hours after I used it)