glow sticks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard318183

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how long do they last from a 12hour charge!
it the irvine racing glow start

I've never really counted "how many starts" my glow starter went through. A good charge overnight should last you the whole day. If you're unsure or worried about murphy's law coming into play, get a starter that uses C Batteres. I got one made by Dynamite and it also has a meter. Cost me a little over $10. I keep it in my toolbox as a backup with a pack of fresh batteries.

Last edited:
Yeah I just let the glow starters charge overnight and keep two battery powered back ups on hand just in case the crap hits the fan......

how long?

With a sub C cell you are looking at roughly 10 continuous minutes burn time

Please don't tell me you sat and timed it. j/k.

On one of my ignitors, I run a 3000mah cell. it lasts for a couple days worth of starting between charges. Sometimes I leave the ignitor on when I'm starting until the mill warms up and this takes a couple minutes each time. The cell was like $10 for 1, but it's worth it to have the extra mah's.

I have a Dynamite that takes a D cell and a rechargable one that last for a couple of days (can't rember the make). Usually the rechargable one goes dead on me in the middle of having fun and I get out the trusty D cell initor and go from there.

i bought a large square battery from hobbico and some clips that attaches to it with an ignitor end on the other side works like a charm and i have had it a month with alot of use and it still has the plugs burning hot and bright here is the web site.

http://www.hobbico.com/accys/hcap0700.html

Those work awesome and are my favorite too!

Most STANDARD rechargeable glo ignitors will run 10 minutes continued use. As stated in their documentation. The new hot shot 2 PRO is supposed to run over 20 minutes continues. I use the HotShot 2 in my pocket for FIELD starting, but when back at the truck, the HobbiCo 1.5 big cell gets used.