Glow plug??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a firestorm that runs a hpi r5 plug. Was wondering what some other equivalent options would be

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I'm looking for another option bc in the g 3.0 for some reason i got it out yesterday and blew 2 plugs in 2 tanks idk what the deal is there. I know its bc the engine was running lean but thats the only way i could get a temp of 200 and the only way i could keep it idling after a couple of wide open passes I've never had problems with this until now. I'm going to buy w.e plug and go back to factory setting and go from there. I had an r4 plug laying around and threw that on it and i couldnt keep it running.

Kind of surprised they suggest using a cold plug... I've always ran hot or medium/hot plugs in my small blocks with good results.

What percent nitro do you run? If your running 20%, maybe just an OS #8 is worth a try. That's what I always ran in my small blocks with 20% fuel.

Yea i run 20% torco in all my rigs. But when i put the r4 in it which is a hotter plug (medium/cold) i couldnt keep it running at all it would start run for anywhere from 3 to 20 seconds and die no matter where the needles were. I'm about to just sell the two g 3.0's i have a throw a trx 3.3 at is or maybe an os .18

Prob 3 months and is kept inside only. I only carry my fuel bottle outside with me and never put fuel from bottle into my gallon. I'm gonna get a new glow plug and go back to factory settings and see what happens. I just dont understand bc the last time i had it out last summer it ran perfect and i always use ARO after running fuel out and starting a few more times to burn off leftover in crankcase

Back