Glow plug for Fantom 18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akmadmaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is the "best" turbo glow plug for the Fantom .18? Thank you!

Come on i know someone out there runs this motor!!!

Last edited:
Anybody? i have never used turbo plugs and i need some help

I'm not sure, i dont know anything about glow plugs i just go to the hobby store and tell them i need them and they give them to me. However i was going to buy this engine for my maxx once the one in it dies. This isnt helping you but, is it a good engine, any problems?

this may work, I'm not sure though. read the discription and see.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBPH7&P=7

yeah that would work i was just kinda wondering if anyone had a preference on which one was better.

i use Dynamite turbo plugs in my FR18 works great!

Can turbo plugs be used 4 any engines or only specific engines ¿?¿?¿?

they can only be used in engines that have a trubo head.

What do the turbo plugs do...more power ??? an u can just buy a new head for a engine an put the turbo plug on or will performance go down... ???

pretty much a turbo plug just seals its self by the tappered end in stead of using a washer. I dont think theres a performance gain.

glow plugs shouldnt have a performance effect for the simple fact tat all the glow plug is used for is to start the engine once you get the engine startted the glow plug is useless.

Actually the glow plug is not usless after engine start up it keeps the enginer running and lets the engine achive the correct compression also.

well i didnt think you were going to bring up the compression thing i knew about that..Just making sure you dont think I'm a bonehead LOL.

From what I've read, turbo plugs provide less turbulance in the combustion chamber of the cylinder. It creates a smoother flow of the vapor as the glow plug ignites. It also puts the coil further down in the combustion chamber to ensure a more consistant ignition.

There is a performance increase, but from what I understand, it's an increase that only professional drivers notice. To the rest of us, it just makes for a more expensive glow plug and we can say we use a turbo plug. (yippee?)

Anyway, a turbo plug will only work on an engine head/head button that is designed for it. It's shaped like a cone at the end that matches up to the actual hole it goes into. Like someone else said, there isn't a washer for the plug to make a seal, it depends on the beveled edge to make the seal. This type of plug requires more cautious maintenance as to not get a spec of anything on the bevel or you end up with an air leak. Unlike the normal plugs that use a soft brass washer that smashes around small particles of dirt, they still make a good seal.

Sorry for the derailing, but I thought I'd add in what I've read.

THANKS DOMINATION! do you have a part number for those?

Back