Giga Crusher VE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocv

RC Newbie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have an old Giga Crusher that I am going to convert to electric. I know some will say I'm stupid and that is ok, I don't mind being stupid.
The project will mostly be built with stuff I already have and some will be bought or fabricated. The plan was to keep everything as it was so it could be restored to nitro again.

This is how it used to look (not the actual one as I did not think of taking photos before disassembling)
IMG_20230306_135726.jpg

This is how it looks now
parted.jpg

The giga crusher engines, gearbox and everything unnecessary is removed. The gearbox I am going to use is from a BSD Utor 8E.
It did not come as a surprise it was not a direct fit so I had to remove the main chassi plate and will make a new one. I Have not ordered the plate yet and have not decided what material to use either. Aluminium as the stock plate or a carbon fiber plate.
stripped-with-gearbox.jpg

The motor and ESC will be Team Orion Vortex 7 and Traxxas VXL-6S
vortex7vxl6s.jpg

To Be Continued...

Nothing stupid about converting an RC to electric. People do it all the time 😉

Cool project.

Only time I think an electric conversion is stupid is if its not done correctly. Like someone wants to run it on 6S but the transmission has plastic gears or the rig has plastic axles etc. If you can convert it and either run it on a power that wont destroy it or you can build it to handle the power then those conversions are awesome! :2cents:

Nothing stupid about converting an RC to electric. People do it all the time 😉

Cool project.
Yep. My uncle had a Losi Eight I think it was called. Or a 1/8 truggy. It was nitro and he swapped it to eletric. One of my friends has a tmaxx which he electric converted. Is it possible to nitro swap a car and do the other way around? 🤔

Very cool project and if you're looking to sell the fuel tank, I may know someone looking for one! :rolleyes:

I love the body and that blower sticking out of the hood. Good luck with the build:thumbs-up:

Very cool project and if you're looking to sell the fuel tank, I may know someone looking for one! :rolleyes:
Thank you 🙂
This is the dual force giga crusher so it is not the tank you are looking for.
I think I have a tank somewhere in the drawers though. I live in Sweden so the shipping will be pretty expensive i guess, but if you want it I can send it to you.
I love the body and that blower sticking out of the hood. Good luck with the build:thumbs-up:
It is an angry truck. 😄
I like the look of it.

Ordered a carbon plate for the chassis, expected delivery in april.
The gearbox will be more centered and the drive shafts have to be adjusted in length. Plenty of time for problem solving. 🤔🙄

Last edited:
The build is slowly moving forward...
Carbon fiber chassis plate in place. Now I need to measure and figure out where to put everything.

View attachment 164277

Looks very clean!

Thought I'd mention, another member is trying to restore a Giga Crusher they picked up. You're pretty far apart, but @gandalfnz may be interested in any parts you'd be willing to part with, especially nitro-specific ones.

Looks very clean!

Thought I'd mention, another member is trying to restore a Giga Crusher they picked up. You're pretty far apart, but @gandalfnz may be interested in any parts you'd be willing to part with, especially nitro-specific ones.
Thank you.
I am keeping the parts for future restoration. 🙂

Maybe the mad force chain drive is a better choice.
The bsd gearbox is a bit bigger and heavier. However, the under guard plate does not fit with the chain drive. It has to be relocated.
Steering servo installed.

IMG_20230427_112325.jpg

Screenshot_2023-04-27-21-37-50-43_b2982762ac851fa27deabc856cd0808c.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!! A brushless giga crusher sounds awesome

I found a few minutes to work on the Giga Crusher.
I finally chose the gearbox from bsd. With that gearbox the under guard plate fits without modifications.
But I had to enlarge the inner diameter of the drive cups by 1 mm because of the bigger kyosho shafts. Time will tell if they are too weak now.
The battery mounts need some improvement.
And yes, it runs. 🙂

IMG_20230726_074349.jpg

IMG_20230727_094154.jpg

IMG_20230726_074511.jpg

IMG_20230726_102558.jpg

Video when my son is driving it:

Back