Getting new maxx--------What fuel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Symbiote

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what would be a good fuel to use, there are many to choose from and I'm sure people have some they hate or like just wondering what others use and works well for them...
Thanks

I prefer Blue Thunder at 20% nitro...it worked great in my TRX Pro .15 and it still works great in my Fantom.

What fuel does your LHS sell???

get what you can buy every day. i use blue thunder 20% racing in my os cvx

Make sure whatever you buy you use it as a base like 20% Nitro and 14% Oil. Your engine will develop a memory to the highest rated fuel you normally use and if you down grade fuel it will run like crap.

I tend to buy only the Odonnle 20%. Most important thing, In my opinion, is to make sure that whatever nitro content you plant to run after breakin, is the nitro content you should also use for break-in. I do not agree with starting with 10% and moving to 20% etc. Break it in with what you will use ;)

I've seen a few recommendations like that. Break it in with what you intend to run. I believe my new HPI manual (for my RS4 3) says to do that. I run Byron Race 2000. 20%nitro. It works good for me. No complaints yet.

I've heard allot of good things about Byron fuel as well.

Believe it or not, I have heard a lot of complaints about the Blue Juice. Surprising, to most, I know. Its probably only complaints from people who can't tune to their respective fuel. After all, does anyone know of a trash fuel? I dont.

I use Trinity Monster power blend. I like Blue Thunder also.