Getting my Maxx to drive in a straight line.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can check to see if your camber is set to 0 with anything perpendictular to the plane that your car is on.

With adjusting the toe should I be doing this on my block of wood or should I be adjusting this while the Maxx is on its tires?

While the wheels are on, servos on, compress the shocks a few times as well. This will simulate your ready position.

Something else I just though of... Those "two silver screws" in the steering knuckle that are the pillow ball retainers which adjust your camber... will also adjust the axial play in CVD axles. Your picture, mcvickj, shows the stock telescoping axles so this isn't important unless you upgrade the axles. If you do upgrade, the pillow pall adjustment in all eight places needs to be made so: 1) Camber is correct. 2) The CVD's don't bind in full shock compression or extension. 3) The CVD's don't fall out in full shock compression or extension.

Droop

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
While the wheels are on, servos on, compress the shocks a few times as well. This will simulate your ready position.

Çh®i§tiªñ

Good call there! In UK road racing we usually call this a "droop setting".
It's also best to check the droop while the receiver batteries are fitted and about 125 grammes (4.5 Oz) of simulated fuel weight.
Although these intricate settings may affect a road car, I'm sure they will have some affect on a T-MAXX, espcially when running it on the asphalt with ashpalt type tires.

Well I just finished making adjustment according to my eye and everything seems to be OK. I will know more a little later. I am waiting for my friend to arrive so we can take off to our bashing grounds.