Getting back into

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirborneMan21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m just getting back into the hobby. I’m looking at the mp10 or the Losi buggies. Looking for any pros cons or other suggestions.

Thanks, what do you drive?

I've got:
2 Arrma Typhon 6S
1 Arrma Mojave 6S
1 Element Sendero Enduro HD
1 Element Trail Runner
1 Element Ecto
2 Axial SCX24 Deadbolts
1 Easy RC Triton (Toyota FJ)
1 FMS Atlas 6x

I think that's it, not counting planes and a heli. ;)

I know the MP10 is a decent rig just based on research I did before I bought my son the Granite. Associated was one of my favs from back in the day. Same goes for Losi stuff. It's all Horizon brands now, but it seems to me the companies may still be operating as individual entities, but that is just a guess. I know you can still look at Associated kits and they look like Associated kits, and same goes for Losi. But the only AE stuff we have at the moment is the DR10 and an old B4 buggy. I haven't owned a Losi for a number of years.

Last edited:
Welcome AirborneMan! I can't speak to the Losi buggy but have a Losi 8ight T RTR Truggy and have been very happy with it. It's an RTR so I've gone through all 3 of the diffs in the year that I had it. Had to do the center diff because it went out on me (possibly due to crash damage). The Frt & Rear just because I wanted to upgrade them to TLR spec. to help with longevity, which it did. Upgraded the shocks to TLR also due to too many concrete curb hits popping the tops off the fronts. I was (and still am really) new to the hobby (1.5 yrs) so it took a little time for me to learn not to crash!! Outside of that, I've had no issues.

I can't comment on the MP10 but others on here have Kyosho's so they can leave their comments. As far as the Losi goes though, I'd definitely recommend it for a starter RTR. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide upon. Keep us in the loop!

Back