G.I. joe Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgun542

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Check this video out!

i really want to do this. i have the jeep from when i had the joe toys. i have no experience in crawling but i do have a maxx 2.5 so i no nitro stuff. i was wondering if anyone could recommed some things to convert it into a scaler/crawler. here is a link where someone did it but its very limited in option.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169246
so if anybody has any used parts or could just help me out i would really appreciate it. I'm on a very low budget so nothing to crazy. lol

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your nitro will not work to do a scaler or crawler, this is a scaler project by the way.You will need to try to buy a set of axles and tranny and start the build from there. All those scalers shown have a good amount of cash and alot of time into them to make them that way, other wise they will not turn out. My opinion.

oh no i no its electric i was just telling you that I've had some sort of rc experience

I thought you meant convert your nitro into a scaler/crawler. Find out what the wheel base is on that body of yours from about the middle of the front fender to the middle of the back fender wich will help decide a chassis. Maybe find out how wide it is too to see what axles would be best. I'll move this to the Scaler forum.

the one with the figure that turns with the steering wheel is pretty amazing. even flipped the scale realism is there.

Cool project! I have been trying to find a good deal on one of these military GI Joe Jeeps for a while now. Make sure you post up a build thread in the members projects thread once you get started.

oh ya will i just need some funds or find some used parts. it might be a long project cause of the money. so just stay with me and ill post some pics.

IMG_2790.JPG
hood removal
IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG
grill removal
IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG

y can't i have more than 5 pics lol srry its my first time posting pics

ok i got it! thanks
IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

got to have a driver! hes also packin heat!
IMG_2795.jpg

Last edited:
dang the video is really good. it gets bonus points for the sound effects and multiple sweet rigs. i wish i could just turn all my nitro stuff in at my local hobby shop and have them switch it all out for anything electric and off road lol

dang the video is really good. it gets bonus points for the sound effects and multiple sweet rigs. i wish i could just turn all my nitro stuff in at my local hobby shop and have them switch it all out for anything electric and off road lol

That's why we have have the for sale/trade section of the board......

anyone have any ideas on axles, springs, tires?

anyone have any ideas on axles, springs, tires?

Wheely king axles, wheely king trans for a transfer case, axial ax-10 transmission, and a cheap interjunk motor should do you fine.

I never see this as an updated thread, wierd. Projects coming along nicely and I'm sure Chips right on with what you need.

Back