Futaba S3305 Servo High-Torque Standard w/Metal Gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bashaholic said:
They replace your AA's

OR, for the MT's that get in water, put it up high so water dont get into them.

If I can butt in for a second... why do they say they require NiCd's only? my Futaba digi's say the same but I've been using a NiMh pack for quite some time.. Is this bad?

Lessen said:
If I can butt in for a second... why do they say they require NiCd's only? my Futaba digi's say the same but I've been using a NiMh pack for quite some time.. Is this bad?

well nt no to much about it, but they have sort of a different kind of power output. thats my :2cents:

The servo may draw more than those AA's can put out for long. The life of the AA's may be greatly reduced. The Rx pack(rechargeable) is the ONLY way to go!

psunitro said:
The servo may draw more than those AA's can put out for long. The life of the AA's may be greatly reduced. The Rx pack(rechargeable) is the ONLY way to go!

very true, the AA's will be more expensive because the high torque servo sucks alot of juice. THe rechargables can put out the power, and can be reused over and over and over...............

basically the servo requires a high amp draw and may not function correctly with improper power sources. they require a rechargeable because they have the proper output. nimh and lipo will both work if they have a high enough MAH rating which directly relates to its possible power output. a 5 cell nimh pack should have at least 1000mah to use that servo, and 2 cell lipo about 800mah with a required voltage regulator. a 5 cell nicad pack with a rating of 650ish or higher should work as well.

CorradoPsi said:
basically the servo requires a high amp draw and may not function correctly with improper power sources. they require a rechargeable because they have the proper output. nimh and lipo will both work if they have a high enough MAH rating which directly relates to its possible power output. a 5 cell nimh pack should have at least 1000mah to use that servo, and 2 cell lipo about 800mah with a required voltage regulator. a 5 cell nicad pack with a rating of 650ish or higher should work as well.

nicely put.

thank i just bought a 1200 nimh batterry new with charger for 20.00

So far there isn't anything wrong in this discussion, but my experience with digital servos indicates that you can run with drycell double A batteries as long as you are comfortable with replacing them periodically. I did that for quite some time with no noticeable change in performance to my RCs.

I did end up going with rechargeable packs in the end as I got tired of toting around back-up batteries. When I did, I noticed longer sustained performance from the digital servos...meaning that they would have been running better longer than the drycells...BUT the drycells did work just fine for me.

they will work, just not as well as the servo should. also dry cell holders are a risky proposition with the possibility of a cell popping out. i NEVER trust them.

Not going to disagree with you. Just giving a bit of my experience from both sides. Since I never had any degraded performance, from my point of view as a purebred basher, I never felt the need to change to the rechargeables...then the drycells became inconvenient to tote around and I tried the rechargeables. Haven't gone back since (at least on the RX packs; the TX packs are still drycells.)