Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz FASST Trouble?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAXX84

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just got my new radio today but man the directions are confusing the hell out of me. I have a 3.3 t-maxx with the optidrive. I bought the Futabas 2.4Ghz FASST. I have operation of the steering servo but i am getting no throttle at all!!! any ideas or maybe there is someone who has one of these that could tell me what to do. If anyone has Yahoo messenger my screen name is simpleman9200625. I would appreciate any help i could get

Assuming you properly bound the receiver to the transmitter, the first thing I would try is plugging the throttle servo directly into the receiver and see if that works.

what do you mean by plug the throttle servo directly to the reciever??

its plugged into the reciever

ok i switched out channel 1 with 2. before the the steering worked for the steering. now after I did that the throttle on the controller is operating the steering now????? what is going on? also i just got done running the old radio setup and as soon as i plugged everything on it all worked again. so i know i have to bad servos.

Last edited:
I'm about to install the DSS module and Rx in my M11, and all I can think of is check your connections, make sure they are in the right sockets, proper polarity, and that you have gotten the okay indicator when you 'bind' them. That's the critical step to make everything work.

Yeap. When I bound the receiver on my MX-3 it had a small LED on the RX that indicates when it is bound.

On mine it stays solid until it binds and then it begins to blink when the process is complete (could be the other way around)

Mine will go from solid to rapid flashing when it's bound. there is a button on each unit that has to be pushed and held in a certain sequence.
Well, I'm off to do mine.

Yeah I thought that was how it went. On mine though you just press the receiver button then turn on the TX.

well guys after talking with the guy i bought the radio from in GA for almost two hours we finally figured out that the Opti drive or the sensor for it was bad. we couldnt program the optidrive with the Futaba radio. so luckily i had a nother t-maxx handy that was new. i plugger in in and BAM she worked right away with all functions.

what do you mean by plug the throttle servo directly to the reciever??

its plugged into the reciever

I mean just what I typed.

The throttle servo is not plugged directly into the receiver if you are using the optidrive. It is plugged into the optidrive and then the optidrive is plugged into the receiver.

BTW, do not create multiple threads on the same subject. Your dupe threads have been merged into one.

Back