Full throttle on power up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yarby

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new issue I have yet to see on my rc. All of a sudden when i hook up the battery on my car the esc lights up normal and the car goes full throttle. I have a spectrum dx3s and Novak gtb2 esc on my b44. I’m relatively new to this hobby. If you remove the responder from the esc the problem quits. The responder powers up and has no problem steering. I’m thinking a setting on the controller but I never changed anything from before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ok we have certain terms for rc gear (responder)might this be radio? ok id check the trim on the radio. If you can check radio setting ..Id also make sure radio settings where set to neutral like endpoints and any subtrim...id calibrate esc to radio..

ok we have certain terms for rc gear (responder)might this be radio? ok id check the trim on the radio. If you can check radio setting ..Id also make sure radio settings where set to neutral like endpoints and any subtrim...id calibrate esc to radio..
Responder is receiver. Sorry autocorrect was incorrect. I ran the car 2 days ago it performed as normal. Took it into the house and powered it up last night and it shot off like a rocket. The radio has a wealth of adjustments that I’m unfamiliar with. Th trim is set to 0. Exponential is set to 0. Sub trim is set to 0. Does this help any?

disconnect motor and recalibrate the esc...I'm not familar with novak products sorry..ook i did some looking I see this has the 1touch programing button. do that and I hope it will fix your problems

Sounds good I was wondering if I should try that. Thanks I’ll give it a shot.

Worked like a dream. Thanks so much I was just afraid of messing something up. Guess just gotta take a leap and see.

best to always check 1st... there is a youtube vid on this process..(no problems)

Back