Fuel problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro boy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi guys i hav recantly brought a caster k8t truggy and am having a problem of fuel returning to the fuel tank after it stalls! i try to blow it up to the carb but by the time i put hose back on the exhaust it is half way down the line again its like theres pressure in the carb pushing it back, it does this after running for about 5 mins when i let it idle it stalls an this happens!!!!!!! can't seem to find problem, hav checked fuel lines an tank for leaks but they all good. does any1 hav any ideas?

I'm not sure why it happens but you could try pinching the pressure line once fuel hits the carb, or prime it with your finger over the exhasut, that way the only way pressure can get out is if you have an air leak

its wierd a! no matter wat i do it stills returns down the line, would a slipping clutch have sumthing to do with it? i hav put a new clutch and springs in but it still slips a bit an the flywheel turning a pink color thats when my trouble stated when my first clutch was slippin but now even with new clutch it still does a bit, was thinkn maybe its gettn to hot an fuel is burning off before it gets carb because it runs an idles good until about 1/4 tank and its like all my settings change an it doesn't idle and sounds different

You're engine has a air leak somewhere. I've found that to be the problem with my s25 and sts .28 engines. I primed my s25 once a few days ago and there was like 5 or 7 little bubbles in the line...Almost the same case with my STS but it was sealed...but turns out there was a hole in the block. So take you're engine out and check it for leaks.

Thats all i can think of since you've checked the lines and tank for leaks already.

cheers man will try an find the air leak an see if that fixes it, wat would make the flywheel turn pinkish colour?

Turn pink-ish? Like when something gets too hot kinda discolored???

BTW--Check the O ring seal around the fuel tank filler lid for your air leak.

yeh thats wat it looks like but can't seem to get temp down an engine doesn't feet that hot i put a bit of water on the side of the head and it steams an evaporates in 4 seconds like it should do

have put fuel tank in water an there were no leaks seems to be sealing fine and no leaks in fuel line either

thanks for all the imfo guys, have finally got the problem sorted i added another head shim, wat a differance i can now lean it out more without temp getting to high its like a new vechile to drive its like a rocket.