Front tie rods for my t maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan5266

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just put front rpm a arms on my t maxx
I think I have the older version where it was more narrow
The toe out is too much and when I try to adjust it in my tie rods fall out of the ends.
My camber settings are not yet properly adjusted, will I need new tie rods or will setting my camber more negative solve my problems?

I think it would be better for you to order new rods that would fit. Trying to change the geometry on your wheels will just cause you to lose steering control.

I think it would be better for you to order new rods that would fit. Trying to change the geometry on your wheels will just cause you to lose steering control.

I've adjusted the camber and tried to pull the rods out of the rod ends and could not, but I will order the proper rods as well to eliminate the risk of them falling out, do you know of a website I could get proper length rods? No real hobby shops where I live

I've taken many off brand links and used them On no specific models when I needed that little extra the stock parts could not give me...if need be you can make your own.

I've taken many off brand links and used them On no specific models when I needed that little extra the stock parts could not give me...if need be you can make your own.

Do you just make them out of threaded rod?

You sure you have your pivot balls screwed in far enough? Pretty sure the starting point is typically when the threads are fully in the arms, then you adjust for camber from there.

You sure you have your pivot balls screwed in far enough? Pretty sure the starting point is typically when the threads are fully in the arms, then you adjust for camber from there.
Yes the issue is I have the original people call the narrow maxx, and ended up getting wider a arms

All you need steve t maxx 3.3 front tie rods and rear toe link. The older ones simply just aren’t long enough. Ebay has both or amazon for cheap and fast. Maybas well spend the extra few bucks and get the short RPM link ends while you’re at it for added strength.

If money’s an issue, RPM also makes long link ends for the t maxx, that might be enough to make up your missing length but you’ll have more plastic to flex. Either should work but choice #1 is definitely the best option.

All you need steve t maxx 3.3 front tie rods and rear toe link. The older ones simply just aren’t long enough. Ebay has both or amazon for cheap and fast. Maybas well spend the extra few bucks and get the short RPM link ends while you’re at it for added strength.

If money’s an issue, RPM also makes long link ends for the t maxx, that might be enough to make up your missing length but you’ll have more plastic to flex. Either should work but choice #1 is definitely the best option.

Thats what i thought, just because I have the parts I think I'll try putting the wider tie rods off of an hpi rig i have on it and see if that works

Thats what i thought, just because I have the parts I think I'll try putting the wider tie rods off of an hpi rig i have on it and see if that works
That could work, as long as they’re long enough you’ll be good to go so Lon as it’s all right and not too thin.