Front bearing issue, loose and leaking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paine

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put this in the engine forum but figured it would get more views here, thanks in advance for any help!

I have a werks .28 and it was running great, then I noticed that the front bearing was leaking. Figured the bearing was worn out so I dissasembled it and found that the front bearing came out without a fight, just wiggled tge crank and worked it out. So guess it's screwed? Anything that can be done?

Just replace the bearing. You're already half-way there.

since the old bearing just basicly fell out, will the new one will fit correctly?

Should I also replace the rear bearing while the motor is apart? thanks.

Up to you really. Feel the bearing with your fingers...roll it around...if you feel ANY grit or grime...clean it or replace it. They are cheap enough ;-)

Up to you really. Feel the bearing with your fingers...roll it around...if you feel ANY grit or grime...clean it or replace it. They are cheap enough ;-)

Yes they are cheap but since the bearing came out of the block so easy what are tge chances the new bearing will be loose also?
Thanks for the input!

You won't know until you try one. If a new one fits tight, your good. If not, new case or new engine.:)

Should I also replace the rear bearing while the motor is apart? thanks.

I like to imagine bearings of this nature are sold in "matched pairs", (even though they are not) like precision formed to work together.

Now, an engine burning at 38,000 rpm and more will put a great burden on these bearings, which is why they are called "bearings".

I can't perceive "matching" a brand new bearing with one that may have spun almost a billion times already. Where, even undetected by our big fat (T. W. S. S.:D) fingers, any "play" in the worn bearing (or sound) is only detected when the car is driving. Any wear on the old bearing will tear up the new one prematurely, my guess.

One flaw in this mini-scale hobby is, as mechanics, we can' be there when we take it for a test drive, as we do in a full size car to listen and feel for symptoms.

Back