From On-Road to Off-Road

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvhCo

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
How would you imagine converting a super-low, on-road Formula 1 racer to a mud-loving, tall, monster bad boy? I'm thinking of increasing the wheels' height somehow and mounting some all-spikes off-road tires, along with a few changes to the programmer.

Easiest way I can think of would be to buy a Traxxas Stampede and be done with it. ;)

It would be a challenge since an F1 has virtually no suspension.

Alright, I got it :p. Found a nice deal for a buggy chassis with everything but the engine included. Should be easy pickett.

What kit did you find? Just make sure parts support is abundant or else it would be hard to keep on running your new used kit. Off-road bashing will break certain parts especially suspension parts.

Its a 2nd hand one. Not sure, but looks in good shape. Suspension is easy to find (even whole replacement parts) in here, although I am overly caring with my car when it comes to oiling :3

That's how I am with my RC rigs as well. I also came from an on-road background before getting into off-road. That's good there's good parts support.

Its a 2nd hand one. Not sure, but looks in good shape. Suspension is easy to find (even whole replacement parts) in here, although I am overly caring with my car when it comes to oiling :3

I agree with @DXtreme1 100%!!! The availability of parts will be imperative! Esp where you will be buying 2nd hand. You're sure to find a spot here and there in need of attention. I have seen a number of large scale buggies out there with a super low price tag, only to find out that they are a knock off brand with NO parts available for it! Def so the research before the purchase! All that said, I would LOVE to see what you're able to put together and how it goes! Good luck!!

Back