Fried Hobbywing Quicrun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachM

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Hobbywing Quicrun 10bl120. I fried an IC (I think) on the board. Would anyone be able to help tell me what the numbers on it are? I attached two pictures of it below.

0BAA1790-564B-4186-A109-4CD664319410.jpeg

AA88D8A0-FEFC-46DC-B1D6-6858F345D2E5.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. @biggman100 might have one of those ESC's lying around.
The only ones I do have (a whole 3) are all covered in liquid electrical tape and silicone, and, I only have those because they came with some cars and parts I picked up. All my old ones were lost in the fire.

I googled "2450 power regulator IC 8 pin" and think it might be an SCT2450, "3.8V-36V Vin, 5A, High Efficiency Synchronous Step-down DCDC Converter" - that would make sense for the BEC.

Thank you. I’ll probably order one today.

Curious how you got the circuit board out? I have a fried blx100 i tried taking apart, but it seems to be caked in epoxy or something

The BLX100 is encased in epoxy, to make it waterproof. The 10BL120 isn't waterproof, so when you take it out of the case, it's just a plain circuit board.
Ah, gotcha

I found one here, which also visually matches your burnt one.
I tried to order that one but I really have to jump through a lot of hoops to register for that site. Thank you for the visual of it. I might be able to find one at my work. Or I’ll try to find one on a different website. Again thank you. I know it’s a cheaper esc but I’d like to try and fix it and save $45.

Back