Friction Pegs.............

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToRqUe

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have the 70 tooth spur gear in my Maxx w/ a OS .18 . Are the Friction Pegs in the spur gear needed casue i already set the Gear Mesh and put the gas tank in. and what do the do ???

Dang Rolex u everwhere,i like u, can u expand on your answer about the pegs and the slipper clutch ?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.......

Basically, they allow the power coming from the engine and through the clutch into your spur gear to be transferred to your tranny or drive line...

It's called a Slipper Clutch because once the spur gear gets rotating fast enough the pegs catch the slipper plates and make your driveline in your tranny spin and puts power to your wheels.

I pretty much said the same thing in two different ways. lol
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
those lil' things have alot of responability.....finna go put them in right kno.........

Hi, again, ToRqUe.
The friction pegs make contact with the metal disc in the slipper clutch. Tightening or loosening the center nut with the spring makes the clutch grab more or less. If it's too loose, you'll get poor takeoff, and the excess spinning of the clutch will melt the spur gear. If it's too tight, you run the risk of breaking something in the drive train since the slipper can not slip to absorb the shock of landing after a jump.
Without the pegs, you won't have correct contact between the spur and the metal plate, and it will probably spin till it melts.
Trust me on this, they HAVE to be there.

lol , ight . i never even new these pegs and the disc where of any use i i been in RC for a while. but never i have 2 replace or deal w/ this part of my truck

Back