Freezing batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who told you that? LOL I would just keep them in a cool dry place, with a full charge.

LOL WHOAH! I would definatly NOT put them in a freezer yet alone a cold room.

I had a NiMH 5500 pack with about 10-12 runs on her get lost in my car for 3 weeks, charged it up, no charge. So DO NOT freeze your packs.

Back in my Tamiya Frog days I would put the whole car in the freezer to cool her off between runs. I got about three additional minutes run time outta her. I only would leave her in there for about a half hour though...

Back in my Tamiya Frog days I would put the whole car in the freezer to cool her off between runs. I got about three additional minutes run time outta her. I only would leave her in there for about a half hour though...

Jebus, I didnt know they had Tamiya back in the early 50s lol kidding amigo :D:p:

The safe operating ambient temps maybe be better on the cooler side but definatly not below freezing or even close to freezing. Each manufacturer has there own specifications but I'm sure none of them are below 40 or 50F.

Keeping batteries in the bottom fridge drawer is something I've been doing for many years, BUT only with standard alkaline batteries. It prolongs their shelf life substantially if you buy them in packs of 12 or 24.
It's not something I would ever recommend for a rechargeable of any kind.

Especially a nimh battery, they lose power faster than nicad or lipo.

Jebus, I didnt know they had Tamiya back in the early 50s lol kidding amigo :D:p:

You must have me confused with Ralph...

Yes, we had Tamiya back when I was a kid, but they didn't have motors. You had to get on your hands and knees and make buzzing sounds with your lips. Pretty much the same as what I do now. :p:

yes, we had tamiya back when i was a kid, but they didn't have motors. You had to get on your hands and knees and make buzzing sounds with your lips. Pretty much the same as what i do now. :p:

lawl!!