FPV HVAC Inspection Rover

• Thread starter Dustin Mustangs
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin Mustangs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
We are having issues maintaining temp in one of our bedrooms at the opposite end of our house from the furnace. A critical portion of the duct work leading to this room is not accessible for inspection and my thought was that it might be partially restricted. So my wife, grasping for straws, says don’t you have some sort of camera we can stick in there? No, we don’t have anythi... wait a minute, yes, yes we do.

The vehicle is my son’s 1:32 scale ecx crawler which we mounted an all-in-one fpv camera and a pen light for illumination. We tied a string to the rear end so we could pull it out if it tipped over. Worked like a charm! My son and I even explored a couple other ducts just for fun.

783C565C-BBFA-491E-823B-D67050D686EC.jpeg

348C51E5-8FF9-48F5-98DD-FA532B97C003.jpeg

That's one use for a 1/32 scale RC. :D

Yeah, the kids love the little things (we also have the rocksta) but I got tired of them after a handful of packs. Until now! ;)

So, did you figure out your HVAC issue?

Just had an HVAC issue in my car... quoted $1100 to fix... I hate HVAC.

There was no restriction. Didn't exactly solve the problem but did eliminate one possible cause.

We were chatting about it at dinner tonight and my son and I agreed we need to come up with some type of retrieval mechanism on the front for search and rescue missions. You know, for Spiderman action figures and what have you that 'might' end up down the vent...

There was no restriction. Didn't exactly solve the problem but did eliminate one possible cause.

We were chatting about it at dinner tonight and my son and I agreed we need to come up with some type of retrieval mechanism on the front for search and rescue missions. You know, for Spiderman action figures and what have you that 'might' end up down the vent...
https://www.servocity.com/standard-gripper-kit-b
637096_perpendicular_gripper_kit_b_channel_mounted.jpg

They have a smaller one:
https://www.servocity.com/sub-micro-gripper-kit