Found my next scale project.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well actually it found me, lol. I have been fixing up an old Tamiya Monster Beetle for my neighbors son that she found at a garage sale. So I told her when she goes to yard sales to call me if she comes across one of the GI Joe Jeeps, that I wanted one for a future scale r/c project. So tonight her husband comes over with some parts I had him order for the beetle, and along with the parts is one of the Jeeps, says it was his sons and he doesn't play with it anymore, and he knows how much I want one, and how much I love Jeeps, so he gave it to me. I was stoked to say the least. This will take me a while to do, but I don't care. I'm actually thinking of stripping down my Axial crawler to use its parts to build this. It's in pretty decent shape too considering it was a played with toy for 7 years. The steering wheel is cracked, and it's missing the windshield and the shovels on the side, but I should be able to find them on evilbay, or make a new windshield myself from styrene. Anyway. here's some pics of it just as I got it tonight.

WillysJeepProject1.jpg

WillysJeepProject2.jpg

WillysJeepProject3.jpg

WillysJeepProject4.jpg

Wow, there's some great scale looks in there already. I KNOW you have to be stoked to have one show up.
You know I was when the RS4 was handed to me. Enough to make me ignore the new Savage for a while. :)

Post the progress, I know this will be a beauty.

Sweet! Congrats on the new project.

I will definitely post pics once I get started on it. I just don't know if I can bring myself to tear down another rig to build a new one, especially since the other one is also a Jeep too! I don't plan on starting on it for a little while yet, I hadn't really planned on finding one so soon after I mentioned it to Jen, who new her son had one he no longer played with. I have actually been building the last few pieces I need to build to finally finish up the tuber, or at least enough to call it finished, but it will never truly be finished. Once that's done, then I may start on this one.

Let the Jeep sit where you can look at it. It will inspire you to finish the tuber.
I sure would like to see the latest pics, it's been a while.

This looks like a killer project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Back