flying rotor winged

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geepers

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I started flying electric helis and drones about 5 years ago. my first mistake was i bought a 450 size cp heli. but it had a 6 axis gyro mode and got full of myself thinking i was good because on my maiden flight in 6g mode i took off hoverd and landed without a hitch. of course i went to 3d mode way to soon and paid 4 it! I took good advice and got a blade nano qx there should be another word for tough an durable! It also had a 3d 6g modes. I learned the basics with that little quad. then went to the non stabilized mode and crashed into almost everything. I think you would have to completely crush it to break it. that being said i think its a great way to learn all but inverted flight indoors of course. my main point is muscle memory has to be developed that means time and practice. the best way i can relate it to is when i was learning guitar my fingers simply would not do some things i wanted them to. but over time and with practice they did. any other thoughts out there?

I'm a guitar player myself and have noticed that along with muscle memory helping with guitar, I find that it helps with the controls on my transmitter. I am pretty new to the flying scene but my transmitter is more comfortable and my response time is spot on. Of course my flight simulator has been a huge asset.

I'm a guitar player myself and have noticed that along with muscle memory helping with guitar, I find that it helps with the controls on my transmitter. I am pretty new to the flying scene but my transmitter is more comfortable and my response time is spot on. Of course my flight simulator has been a huge asset.

Along with rc and guitars we have being a veteran in common. I just ordered an xk k130 mini cp heli. videos and reviews show it to be a fast little handful. I know i can do some sport flying with it but my goal is mild 3d. it comes with a radio that is futaba fasst type. can you tell me what simulator you have and if i can use that radio? Also do you think it would be worth it for me to buy a sim? It seems the two schools of thought are buy a tough mini cp heli fly over grass or buy a good sim. and learn 3d that way.

I'm a guitar player myself and have noticed that along with muscle memory helping with guitar, I find that it helps with the controls on my transmitter.
I find that to be a problem. Every time I try to go inverted I wreck the heli looking for the G7 chord.

Its a stretch but if you drop the throttle down just a bit you wont over bank the turn.....;)

OIP.jpg

I was wondering why I always turn to the right when I hit the F#. I mentioned that to someone and they told me not to fret. :deadhorse

Back