First Time Plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Grothe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Help please... I've been flying drones for the last 5 years and have now decided to try my luck with fixed wing aircraft, so I'm looking for recommendations as to which one would best suite my needs. I have a friend that I fly with who recommends something like the Apprentice, 1400mm or bigger, that is easy to see and has 3 levels of control. I see his point, but also looking at something a little smaller and less expensive. Something that is easy to get into and if I pile it in, I can more easily afford the loss.

So... I'm looking for ideas along with anyone's experiences, thanks.

John

Welcome in John. My first one was the ( HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ . Before I bought this plane I bought a Realflight 9 and learned to fly with it.
The Carbon Cub was super easy to fly and reasonable price for a beginner plane. I kind of slipped out of interest with planes and pretty much stick with my cars anymore though.

Thanks for the input guys. I have Been looking at simulators and the friend that I fly with, has said we can fly with the buddy system. So right now, I just need to pick up a suitable plane and take it from there.

John

Help please... I've been flying drones for the last 5 years and have now decided to try my luck with fixed wing aircraft, so I'm looking for recommendations as to which one would best suite my needs. I have a friend that I fly with who recommends something like the Apprentice, 1400mm or bigger, that is easy to see and has 3 levels of control. I see his point, but also looking at something a little smaller and less expensive. Something that is easy to get into and if I pile it in, I can more easily afford the loss.

So... I'm looking for ideas along with anyone's experiences, thanks.

John
Sig Kadet Senior Trainer Kit

I'm making my first RC plane and it is going to be an indoor slow flyer. I don't know if this is the place, but I need help with the electronics. Anybody know how to help me.