First time from scratch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Not alot to say other than reaserch and very time consuming. I'm really starting to enjoy building as much trying to drive one. As soon as I replace the blue rod ends and add the electronics it will be ready for the break in.

Boy, this attachment doesn't look so hot, try my gallery....I'll figure it out one day

Last edited:
What is it? From the pic it looks like a buggy. Give us some details. :)

Nice very nice.
I was going to build a Mutant then got involved in building my CyberMaxx.

Please let us know what to think and keep us up to date on you project. Looks like you have done a tight job on building it.

-Ed

Appears that the yellow shock springs are going to have to go at some point and I have no idea what to replace them with.

mcvickj: Mutant Maxx

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah Eddy that Cyborg you created is one sweet ride.

mcvickj
OK, I didn't meen to be so short with the explanation. Here's the long. It's an HCR Mutant Maxx. Not alot of them around from what I've able to gather. Seems there has been some question as to HCR's ability to properly gear it. It uses a center diff instead of a tanny.
I hope mine is right at a 12cb and a 55 spur. Obviously it's powered by an ofna/picco .26 I beleive called the outlaw. ( I'm still waiting for my sirio 27 ) The chassis is set up to use a starter box but I'll be you know what if I'm going to drag one though a field so I opted for the pullstart.
We contacted ofna to see what they recomended for the pipe and got the ofna/picco 069. Used an ofna cb and ofna 3 shoe clutch. The chassis is ti with al hcr bulks and a combination of front/ti and rear/rpm bulk braces. 8 al kyosho kanai shocks with gs springs that I'm going to toss (the springs). Full proline wide suspension with mip cvds. Stock f/r diff housings with rrp gears. Hopefully I'll get a T Maxx with the handling of a buggy. (if not I can get drunk and launch into my pool)
The hardest part of all is trying to figure out where to place this thread, under T Maxx Talk or 1/8th scale Buggy Talk.
I guess I need a new Forum: Truggy Talk

Last edited:
No problem. Thanks for the info Strech. I never heard of the Mutant Maxx before. Have you had a chance to drive it yet or are you still in the building stage?

I'm still in the building stage. Thanks to Humbolt's post on clutches I managed to get mine right this morning. I'm still undecide on the servos, batteriy pack, and receiver. Any ideas on a 160 oz+ steering sevo.

I'll check it out

Back