First Post - Welcome - Also AXEv2 3300kv in TRX4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fajitas21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, Tennessee here, near Memphis.

A friend gave me a TRX4 defender in March as a gift. Myself, and my son have been really into RC ever since.

VS4-10 Phoenix on order, should arrive in a week or two. Only had RTR TRX4 Defender and Sport before this.

Bought a 550 Hobbywing 3300kv for it, realized it needed a 540. Sold 550 to friend and will install in his TRX6. However, for fun, tossed it in my TRX4 today. That's literally too much power for a TRX4, holy smokes.

Looking for local RC people if you're in the Collierville/Germantown/Memphis area.

Welcome to the forum! Been to Memphis during the summer one time. My gawd was it hot as hell. Beale Street was awesome. Later on we went out to check out some high end illegal drag racing out near some industrial park. Crazy cool area.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Been to Memphis during the summer one time. My gawd was it hot as hell. Beale Street was awesome. Later on we went out to check out some high end illegal drag racing out near some industrial park. Crazy cool area.
Thanks, and regarding the drag racing, apparently they made a MotorTrend on Demand show about it, but i've only watched an episode or two. It's no prep street drags for $.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, and regarding the drag racing, apparently they made a MotorTrend on Demand show about it, but i've only watched an episode or two. It's no prep street drags for $.
Yeah, was just telling a couple buddies here about it. They trailered pro drag cars and bikes in and had full on drag races. The cops ran everyone off, 5 minutes later they all came right back and started again while the cops pulled less than 1/4 mile away and parked. They let them go for an hour or so then ran them off again. Rinse, repeat. Crazy stuff.

Hi all, Tennessee here, near Memphis.

A friend gave me a TRX4 defender in March as a gift. Myself, and my son have been really into RC ever since.

VS4-10 Phoenix on order, should arrive in a week or two. Only had RTR TRX4 Defender and Sport before this.

Bought a 550 Hobbywing 3300kv for it, realized it needed a 540. Sold 550 to friend and will install in his TRX6. However, for fun, tossed it in my TRX4 today. That's literally too much power for a TRX4, holy smokes.

Looking for local RC people if you're in the Collierville/Germantown/Memphis area.
Welcome Aboard! I used to live in the Raleigh Springs area. The VS4-10 Phoenix is next on my shopping list, been saving my pennies. :)

welcome
newbie here too
Welcome Emily! :)

Welcome to RCTalk and thanks for joining!

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on RCTalk that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable and easier!

Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Premium Membership

Military roll call: Active Duty | Veterans
Have RC News?
Email us here.
Become a Forum Sponsor | Support RCTalk

Back