First person view - RC Driving!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Put on a set of glasses and you'll get a first person view of driving an R/C car!

[youtube]0ETLtKc0_5c[/youtube]

-Michael

At least the crashes will look cooler. :)

That is awesome! Once they make it a bit more protected, offroad will never be the same.

This is awsome...I would try this if it were on the market at a reasonable price today.....man the toys of the future are going to be intense...

now that looks like funn!!!. did any body see how much they cost? or are they too new?

now thats awsome, looks pretty expensive

Pretty cool.

Nitro or Brushless would be better =devil

What is an old fart like you doing in college? And don't tell my you teach, cause the won't fly. :smart:

Killer! since the camera moves it actually makes technical driving feasible. we've all seen vids with fixed camera and we all know how hard it is to follow what's going on. That's awesome!

WOAH ! That thing is awesome. Can't dish out $375 for that though...

I think $375 is an excellent price. The fact that the camera follows your head movements is amazing. I expected over a grand.

You know, this reminds me of a thread a long time ago where somebody asked what everybody thought the future of r/c would bring. I've always envisioned racing in 1st person POV. No longer would we be limited in the size of a racetrack based on how far we can see or how high the drivers stand is. Every once in a while I get the itch to design a track on paper just for the hell of it. One of the first that I did I still plan on building someday when I get more land but the problem is that the farthest point from the drivers stand is like 300 ft. away when I scale it up. No longer an issue with technology like this, and the quality will only get better.

And that's the very reason I got pretty good ripping laps on the oval with VRC, I was behind the car, or as close as you can get without being in it. Once the competition started, I couldn't judge a turn at all from the stand, since I didn't have a 3-D view, and no depth perception on a flat screen.

Back