First 3s run! Rival mt10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my new 3s batteries came today, charged them up so i could test it out. Had to zip tie the battery in as the mt10 straps are not long enough, no biggie will get the arrma straps. I thought the mt10 on 2s was no slouch but holy crap 3s is a bit much.ground is covered in ice and snow so no traction. This is my first brushless rc and my first rc in about 15 years. After buying it i kinda wished i had bought the granite 3s as it was a little bigger and faster. But after this first 3s run it is fast enough to where if you crash at the speeds it can go it will be toast. Amazes me how far these things have come

Very impressed with it. I need the arrma granite battery straps correct?

Hey Caleb. Yeah, that's what I heard on the MT10 YT vids I've watched. Specifically, what is the part number, dunno. Scanned both Amain and Horizon Hobby sites, but no Granite battery strap came up. Hopefully, one or other of the guys on here can point us both in the right direction. Cheers. 'AC'

Thanks, Kevin. RDQ site lists kevlar straps. Those might be a consideration for a future 4s option. Retention of the battery in a blow-over or endo begins to become a concern with the larger 'brick' LiPo's. Bookmarked the site. Cheers. 'AC'

We sent the Granite cartwheeling a number of times at upwards of 35 mph or so and the velcro straps held just fine.

The factory mt10 strap is 8in. I think a 10in or 250mm strap would be plenty big for a 3s

Hey Caleb. Yeah, that's what I heard on the MT10 YT vids I've watched. Specifically, what is the part number, dunno. Scanned both Amain and Horizon Hobby sites, but no Granite battery strap came up. Hopefully, one or other of the guys on here can point us both in the right direction. Cheers. 'AC'
You could also do a quick Amazon search, and use one of the longer straps.

Mt10 on 3s is so good but I wish I never went to the skatepark with it I had to spend £80 on parts and they haven't even came yet 😔.

Thanks, Caleb. It is now on my Horizon wish list. 'AC'
So i bought 2 sets of straps. I kept the ones from amazon, they are tight trying to thread them through the chassie. But they are very well built. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09BZ1SDKY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

These ones from ebay i am returning. They are paper thin and too long even though they are listed at 250mm / 10in

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3330175904...rentrq:f0595a6a17e0ab8e9a8b99ddfffd2a50|iid:1

Try unscrewing the battery mounts/holders from the chassis, but the strap (s) in, then screw the mounts back down. If the mounts are part of the chassis, try using a small set of needles nose pliers, and something very thin and flat to push and pull the straps though the battery strap slit. It may take a little time, but experiment, and you should get it in eventually. However, be very careful to put the strap in with the right/correct side facing up, or else you did all that just to find it's upside down or the bracket/loop is on the wrong end! That'd be a real rage moment...

You can always cut straps down, but be careful how much you cut down, as if you cut too much, there won't be enough hook/loop on that side to get a good grip on the other side.

Very impressed with it. I need the arrma granite battery straps correct?
I just adjusted the straps on my MT10 and they were plenty long enough. Just slide the strap till the buckle is not so low. Hope it helps
I just adjusted the straps on my MT10 and they were plenty long enough. Just slide the strap till the buckle is not so low. Hope it helps

Back