Arrma big rock v3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i dont have but 6 packs run through my rival mt10 so far. Already thinking about another truck( need two) one for me/kids and one for ole lady/kids vice versa. Seeing how i already have the smaller mt10 the arrma big rock catches my eye. 1/8 ish size with out the price and can run on the 2s and 3s batteries i have already. Its either that or spend the coin on a rival mt8 when it comes out.

So i dont have but 6 packs run through my rival mt10 so far. Already thinking about another truck( need two) one for me/kids and one for ole lady/kids vice versa. Seeing how i already have the smaller mt10 the arrma big rock catches my eye. 1/8 ish size with out the price and can run on the 2s and 3s batteries i have already. Its either that or spend the coin on a rival mt8 when it comes out.
The BRCC isnt a bad truck, but, i would change the tires. I went with Vorteks tires and wheels from jenny's RC for mine: https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ires-wheels-tyres-rims-dboots-katar-ara4305v3 They do lower it a bit, but they also make it more stable. Another option is the Senton, and put the Vorteks tires on it for a bit more ground clearance. All of the Arrma 3S line are basically the same underneath, the only difference is chassis length, wheels and tires, and body.

Hey Caleb. You have good thoughts on diversifying brands. Arrma offers a wide variety for the basher to choose from. Holding the line at a 2s or 3s works in your favor for the packs you have on hand.

I've looked at the MT8, but it's aimed at the big boy bashers (and girls) with 4s-6s design. Besides, I am waiting to see how AE brings along the MT10. It could evolve into a very versatile package if they tweak it right.

Good luck on what you choose to run. Keep it fun. Cheers. 'AC'

Checked out the bigrock today when at the shop. Priced at 351 it was hard not to walk out the door with it

I have 2 Granites, 1 Vorteks and 1 Typhon. The Vorteks is the best in my opinion. It can put the power down and still have decent clearance.

I have 2 Granites, 1 Vorteks and 1 Typhon. The Vorteks is the best in my opinion. It can put the power down and still have decent clearance.
I have the vorteks as well. Been looking at the big rock to..Is it much different in width?. Guess I could look at the specs but that would be my only mod for the vorteks is wider stance. I heard you could swap out the typhon arms with the vorteks and have a wide kit with 17mm on top of it. That true?

I have the vorteks as well. Been looking at the big rock to..Is it much different in width?. Guess I could look at the specs but that would be my only mod for the vorteks is wider stance. I heard you could swap out the typhon arms with the vorteks and have a wide kit with 17mm on top of it. That true?
You can, but, the wider the arms, the easier they are to break. I used Typhon arms on a Granite, and broke them the second run, and i was jumping maybe a 3 foot ramp.

You can, but, the wider the arms, the easier they are to break. I used Typhon arms on a Granite, and broke them the second run, and i was jumping maybe a 3 foot ramp.
I see. So there wider but not any beefier. That's disappointing but it seems to like the proline havoks tires. The wider foot print and added weight seems agreeable. Def. Helped in air correction ability I do like the car. It's a rocket ⁴ sure

Back