2nd opinions before i buy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i am going to be buying a second rc soon. Wanted a second opinion before i do. Currently have the rival mt10, no issues and i like it. 99% certain on the arrma big rock as its still a 3s machine and a bit bigger and more stable than the mt10 and granite. Will make a nice mix between my two rigs. But wanted to here your more experianced opinions before i go through with it

Go with your gut, I tend to enjoy building rather than buying but that’s just me. What ever is suitable for what you want it for.

I'm the same way, I would much rather build.

The Big Rock will be a little different than what you currently have, but i would personally go for a different type of RC. And I'm with the others and prefer to build them rather than buy them RTR.

I have just about every type of surface RC except a Short Course Truck. I think I want to build the Traxxas Ultimate Desert Racer after we get caught up on a few projects.

Other than that, I am trying to gather and collect all the Kyosho Legendary kits like the Javelin, Turbo Optima, Beetle, etc. They are some of the best made kits out there, and the price isn't bad for what you get.

We also recently got into drag racing with the DR10 Tunedpipe gave my boy. I built a Traxxas Slash into a drag car and can't wait til the weather warms up so we can do some racing. I didn't think I would like drag racing RC cars, but they are really a blast.

Hope this helps.

Lots of cool options out there and everybody's taste is different. I am a believer in variety, and have been surprised how enjoyable different types of vehicles can be. I love my Arrma Mojave for tearing around dirt fields, I love my Arrma Typhon for playing in parking lots. I love my crawlers for a good challenge or mellow session.

I also have variety in my rc planes from slow to fast. Try not to to get too many similar rigs or you will end up with a favorite go to, and the others will just sit.

As for the Big Rock, I think you will like it. I have three Arrma rigs and really like them.

2nd opinion? O.K. Here goes. How about an on-road for your second RC? Something along the lines of the Arrma Vendetta?

Having an off-road multi surface MT and a pure on-road would give you experience with both disciplines. Help you determine where you want to focus your energies with the hobby.

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Thanks for the input. I have lots of property at home to bash around, thats why i looked at the monster style trucks. I dont think the buggy style would do well, a stadium truck would be i ok i think. Street car would be a no go, i live on a dirt road, and really wouldnt want to drive some where just to play with it.

I'm lazy and impatient, so I want to pull out a new toy and go play. Waiting for it to be assembled would kill me slowly.
The only kit I'd ever built was an Axial XR10, about 10 years ago. I did not find it exciting 😵
......now, where is that fidget spinner? 😁

Back on topic. How about a rock racer, such as the Axial Ryft?

Back on topic. How about a rock racer, such as the Axial Ryft?
I can vouch for the Ryft being a really awesome kit. I am patiently waiting on Tower to have another 4x points deal to pull the trigger on a $600 order for all the electronics for it, but the kit itself is fantastic. The only thing that worries me is the shock shafts are really long, and their diameter is pretty small. But I haven't seen too many complaints about them. The gears are ridiculously stout and the plastic bits seems really durable.

So ole lady kids and i are loading up and heading back to hobby shop tmr. Last time there she liked the big rock. I think for what we are going to use them for bashers are our best bet. Mostly getting them out racing the back pasture havin fun with the kids. we will see what happens tmr i guess

Soooo theres that

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_152742787.jpg
    IMG_20220226_152742787.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 41
Nice choice actually. That makes sense now that you explained it. Having a couple bashers to run with the kids is a good idea.

Went over all the screws tonight. Might run it tmr. I can see how the arrma brand might be more durable, but i like the design and fit/finish of my team associated better. I need to check the shock oil as they seem to rebound like there is nothing in them
Almost bought a stampede as they were on sale cheap. But just couldnt do it

Last edited:
So quick question. Do i need to do any thing with the radios? Last time i played with these things you had to change crystals to change the frequency so you could run two different cars at the same time

So quick question. Do i need to do any thing with the radios? Last time i played with these things you had to change crystals to change the frequency so you could run two different cars at the same time
Nope. You will be good to go with the new technology. There are events where they have over 100 RC planes flying at the same field doing a demolition derby.

You should however go through any new rig and set the steering endpoints. Razor RC on YT has some good vids on how to do that with the Arrma lineup.

Back