Rival mt10 newb review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So just getting back into the hobbie after many years. After research i narrowed down to the mt10 or the granite. Ended up with the rival mt10 due to it being about 50 bucks less and the good reviews it had. So far i love it its been below freezing every time i have run it, and nothing has broke after some good crashes. I seen the control arms are known to break. I do wish it was a little bigger i am not sure if the granite was worth the extra to get that. I also feel it could use a little extra torque down low, as when i stop in snow it takes a bit to get the tires to move. One thing i did notice is the center diff seems awfull notchy and noisy if i spin every thing by hand. But is smooth under its own power, not sure if that is normal or not. All in all very pleased with it can't wait to try it on 3s

So just getting back into the hobbie after many years. After research i narrowed down to the mt10 or the granite. Ended up with the rival mt10 due to it being about 50 bucks less and the good reviews it had. So far i love it its been below freezing every time i have run it, and nothing has broke after some good crashes. I seen the control arms are known to break. I do wish it was a little bigger i am not sure if the granite was worth the extra to get that. I also feel it could use a little extra torque down low, as when i stop in snow it takes a bit to get the tires to move. One thing i did notice is the center diff seems awfull notchy and noisy if i spin every thing by hand. But is smooth under its own power, not sure if that is normal or not. All in all very pleased with it can't wait to try it on 3s
It wheelies so much on 3s its so fun

Shopping around for aftermarket parts, and have found that there is hardly any support.

Shopping around for aftermarket parts, and have found that there is hardly any support.
There are upgraded shocks and CVA kits for it here. You can also upgrade the electronics if you ever need a bit more power. ;)

There are upgraded shocks and CVA kits for it here. You can also upgrade the electronics if you ever need a bit more power. ;)
Yes there are some upgrades out there, but not nearly the same as traxxas and arrma. Prices are higher as well. I just ordered 3s batterys and rpm control arms so i had them on hand

You should also check the diff oil levels and top them off if needed.

Back