Fired up old baja.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally dug that piece out ,try to get it cut out today or tomorrow!...:cool:
It looks bad ,but should clean up ,theres plenty of meat on there to grind it fresh ,an the old part
is like spaghetti compared to this stuff!....:D

SANY0001_12.jpg

SANY0002_11.jpg

SANY0003_10.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work!!! Yes, I have great luck with polishing up metal. That looks like a nice heavy piece! Should be bullet proof when it's installed!

Nice work!!! Yes, I have great luck with polishing up metal. That looks like a nice heavy piece! Should be bullet proof when it's installed!

I'm not going to mirror this ,but I will put some shine to it.
I cleaned the edges up some more ,I can clean until the black marker is gone ,
an fine tune the shape ,flatten & round edges with a file!....:cool:

SANY0001_15.jpg

SANY0002_14.jpg

It's your rig... I just tend to get happy with the polishing... Def from polishing EVERYTHING I could on my Harley... Been doing it ever since. Doesn't really matter If you polish it, spray it or grind swirl marks in it, so long as it works! :thumbs-up:

It's the same way everywhere...no one understands the importance of our cause. To make the world a better place thru R.C.!!! Specifically nitro! I still believe eventually, thru a strong national membership, we will be stronger than the NRA. We will have an RC lobby. There will be a track in the center of every city and town, protected like national parks and monuments. Built and maintained by the state's and corner marshalled by the military! We will have legally protected times to maintain and race under the handicapped laws and regulation currently in place (so despite our 'issues' our jobs, homes and our dignity will be protected)! UNITE my brothers and sisters!!! Our time is NOW!!!
Well, it's either that or you'll have to cut in to your after work tv time. :hehe:

Where were you during the presidential primaries? You're the only one that's made the important issues really matter.

Are you going to paint, powder-coat or anodize it?

Are you going to paint, powder-coat or anodize it?

No ,just going to clean an put it on ,I really don't care ,just as long as it functions!
The plate is part of the steering an holds the steering rack in place.
I could have it powder coated or put some black paint back on as I do have some
chlorinated pool paint left!

Heres what I've done so far ,found some pitting in it ,which I knew there would be!
On the other side there is some old chlorinated rubber paint still on there ,I can strip that off
an see if that is a better side..:cool:

SANY0001_16.jpg

SANY0002_16.jpg

SANY0003_14.jpg

SANY0004_8.jpg

Yeah, that's looking slick!
Sadly, I'm not into politics so much... I guess with my age and what has been going on as of late, I've lost faith in the system to a large extent. I'm happy enough with my freedom but I am scared to death of the 'leaders' we are left to choose from each election.

Yeah, that's looking slick!
Sadly, I'm not into politics so much... I guess with my age and what has been going on as of late, I've lost faith in the system to a large extent. I'm happy enough with my freedom but I am scared to death of the 'leaders' we are left to choose from each election.

I'm mocking it up to figure out where my bends are suppose to be ,it is suppose to have some slight contoured bends in it.
The old one ,the factory had a cut out for décor in which further weakened the part along with it being too thin!
But I'm slowly getting it accomplished !:D

As far as politics ,I m a recluse an only feel safe and free in the comfort of my own home!

SANY0001_18.jpg

SANY0002_18.jpg

SANY0003_16.jpg

SANY0004_10.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg Great work, nice to see a hand crafted item. From this and some of your other threads/posts, I see that you are very mechanically inclined. I like to think that I am, but in reality, tinkering is about my limit. I did create this simple skid plate for my Savage a month or so ago and really enjoyed the process.

View attachment 18247 Great work, nice to see a hand crafted item. From this and some of your other threads/posts, I see that you are very mechanically inclined. I like to think that I am, but in reality, tinkering is about my limit. I did create this simple skid plate for my Savage a month or so ago and really enjoyed the process.

That's a great job!..:thumbs-up:

I can do simple flat plate stuff with what tools I have.If I had an actual mill machine ,the skys the limit!..:D
Actually I'm quite surprised that I actually took time to do it ,as I'm burned out on doing stuff like that an
have little patience.
On my Mgt.,I completely fabricated the whole front skid plate for the exact very same reason I did this
piece ,because of the steering rack support.If it gets bent ,it destroys your steering or puts in a bind!
I have an xtra thick skidplate & bumper on the Mgt.,unfortunately ,I lost those fab photo's when my
PC got wiped out!...

Cbaker65, thanks for the like and compliment. It has a few dents in it now, but it is doing the job.
Keep us up to date on your progress.

Nicely done, but I kind of liked that original curved and sweeping "Aerodynamic" look of that orange part. :p

Thnx Guy's!...:D

Lol...yea ,I don't know why they made that part so weak,they even weakened it more when the cut some fancy diamond shape
holes in it ,an the aluminum paper thin.Geez...the plastic is probably tougher than that!...:eek:

Cbaker65, thanks for the like and compliment. It has a few dents in it now, but it is doing the job.
Keep us up to date on your progress.

Hey ,as long as it protects an serves the purpose ..I will keep ya posted.
Infact ,I was running it try to put some break-in time on the engine because I had just swapped
out the piston when I hit a parked car.
That reminds me ,I have to adjust my brakes ,their not too good ,but hey ,I shouldn't be in the street with
it anyways ,don't need much brake out in the field !...:D

Back