Finally watched Top Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What a joke. Finding America's toughest truck. So they buy 3 trucks from 3 different eras, sight unseen. All in different condition with different cobbled together modifications. Guess I was expecting this show to be for enthusiasts. I turned it off in 10 minutes. I've never seen the UK version, so I really didn't know what to expect. Totally uninteresting.

Yea, it is pretty pathetic. Deff not a fan.

That episode wasn't one of their best. This was the season finale so they didn't really do the stuff they usually do. When I saw the those trucks, I picked the winner immediately.

The smurf!:) I'd take that baby home in a second.

BBC version is more entertaining

Agreed, the US version feels like a bunch of wannabe hooligans are hosting the show. I stopped watching after the first episode.

I only watch it if nothing else is on, but I think it's a pretty lame excuse for a show. Adam Corolla originally pitched the idea a couple years ago only to get turned down, and then these idiots get it. I have yet to be impressed by an episode.

I've never seen the UK version of the show, but if it's anything like the US version, I can't see what makes it so popular.

lol I thought it was kinda funny. Especially when he found out it wasn't actually a diesel.

They obviously didn't know how much of a turd those GM diesels were either. Better off with the straight 6.:)

Adam Corolla would be better than these idiots.

And yes the Chevy diesel was a terd. We had 2 trucks on the farm that had them and we yanked them out.

It's sad to admit it but I would take the Toyota over all 3 of them. I loved my 82 4wd.

We drove the hell out of those Chevy Diesel trucks in the army. We enjoyed beating them whenever we could. They required very little in the way of repairs. Matter of fact, the same 6.2 diesel engine was used in all of the early HMMWVs.

That's exactly what I thought. "Damn, look at that yota...". :)

I'm a Chevy guy. Inherited it. The '73-'87's(-'91 Blazers and Burbs) was what I've spent most of my time with so I would go with the smurf for that reason alone. I'm not ignorant about straight axle Toyota's though. They got them babies right. Much stronger pound for pound than 1/2 ton GM's. 3/4 tons for that matter as well. Besides the Corporate rear ends, they're basically the same trucks. 10 bolt housings break, Dana 44's bend.:) Never had enough power to bust shafts, but I know that's what happens next.

Back