finally got the wife a car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i got my wife her real car finally now i can concintrate on my rc'sthink i will check out the mgt first then the mamouth. get them going then up for sale . will post in a couple of weeks . and start saveing for a couple of brand new ones:D

Yeah I havent been able to buy much RC stuff lately because I have to save up to have the transmission rebuilt in my wifes car. gotta save up 1600 bucks for that crap. They say the transmission needs rebuilt, I took it in cuz it had a little bit of a tire shake. They told me the tranny needed rebuilt and I said"can that cause the tire to shake?" he said "Its possible but were not 100% sure cuz we can't replicate the problem" So I was like well until you can replicate the problem or the transmissiion fails. I aint shelling out 1600 bucks on a maybe. Still to be on the safe said the wife decided we need to put the money in the bank because even if it isnt the tranny then we may need it for some other emergency.....I was like whatever happened to the American dream of living paycheck to paycheck?! I got bonked o_O
lol

:D
Well what kinda car did you get?
:nopics:

it was on craigslist as a 2000 kia sedona with 159*** miles well it is actully a 2005 with only 139,458 they wanted $ 2000 got it for 1800 so if it only last a year I still get my $$out of it .I wanted a 77 jeep cj with 6 inch lift and new mud tires but thats not practicall when she has to drive about 300-500 miles a week. DAMMIT:D

---------- Post added at 8:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:13 PM ----------

Yeah I havent been able to buy much RC stuff lately because I have to save up to have the transmission rebuilt in my wifes car. gotta save up 1600 bucks for that crap. They say the transmission needs rebuilt, I took it in cuz it had a little bit of a tire shake. They told me the tranny needed rebuilt and I said"can that cause the tire to shake?" he said "Its possible but were not 100% sure cuz we can't replicate the problem" So I was like well until you can replicate the problem or the transmissiion fails. I aint shelling out 1600 bucks on a maybe. Still to be on the safe said the wife decided we need to put the money in the bank because even if it isnt the tranny then we may need it for some other emergency.....I was like whatever happened to the American dream of living paycheck to paycheck?! I got bonked o_O
lol

only reason I can think of wheel shake if it is front wheel drive well i can't think of a reason it would be the tranny. Maybe wheel bearing or cv joint.

not a mechanic but never heard of a tranny causeing wheel shake

I think someone is trying to scam you greywolf,only way the tranny could cause a shake is if it only does it while your on the gas while the car is in a pull. I woujld drive it till it died then you will know whats wrong with it.

Wheel shake? Caused by the trans? Don't believe them. You would have other problems and sounds if it was the trans. It could just be a simple balancing of the wheels if it does it only at certain speeds. It can also be wheels running out of balance because of snow or mud on them.

well i got my wife her real car

The important question that hasn't been answered yet is, Did it finally shut her up, or is she nagging you about something else, now? :(

Wheel shake? Caused by the trans? Don't believe them. You would have other problems and sounds if it was the trans. It could just be a simple balancing of the wheels if it does it only at certain speeds. It can also be wheels running out of balance because of snow or mud on them.

The important question that hasn't been answered yet is, Did it finally shut her up, or is she nagging you about something else, now? :(

theres always something elese.

but i think the shaking of the steeering wheel was the rack and pinon

When was the last time you had the wheels balanced?
If the steering wheel shakes, it's a front tire. If you feel the shake in the floor, it's a rear tire.

I've been a transmission builder for 24 years, unless its a "shudder" (feels like running over a cattle guard) its not the trans prolly. Rack and pinion is very unlikely as well. The best test to tell if it is a tire imbalance is 95% of the time you can "outrun" a tire imbalance by speeding up about 10-15 mph(its a resonance issue). Tie rod ends are likely as well as a tire if you have steering wheel wobble. Don't give anyone $1600 if they say they can't replicate the problem, cause if they can't there isn't any chance they tracked it down or tested it eh? You've got me curious now...What kind of car is it and when does it shake? Todd

Back