Finally finished after 7 years!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I have been rebuilding a vintage 1960s Bally Slot Machine for the last 7 years. When I first got it from the flea market it was in a box and looked like a pile of parts. I searched, pillaged, raped, and tracked down every part that was missing or needed to be replaced. I stopped working on it about a year ago because I couldn't find one of the circuit boards used for the proper payout. Everything worked but it payed out the same for any combination. I was searching e-bay and found a company that has old parts. I called them up and was able to have him get the proper one for me.

Now every single light bulb, counter, payout, and every single part is in place and properly functioning. Its a mechanical unit and quite complex.
slot1.jpg

slot2.jpg

slot3.jpg

slot4.jpg

slot5.jpg

slot6.jpg

slot7.jpg

slot8.jpg

Sweet Eddy but did you really need to post this three times?

And when I read your title I thought you had finished your boat:devious:

I messed up on the links.
Look again for more pics.
Sorry

Weird how it posted a new thread when I edited it.
No boat. Maybe in another 3-4 years.

WOW...Eddy..looks awesome..i can just imagine how hard it was to track down those missing pieces.GOOD JOB...now win somebig money!!!!

I like things like that slot machine...
When I was a kid my mother and father refurbished a popcorn machine from the early 20's....When we opened it up the change drawer was loaded with Buffalo nickles..
It took about 15 years to finish..But when it was finished It was fully funtional...But was burned up in a house fire in the mid 90's

wow thats sweet! If I can ask, whats one of them worth? I know some of them are worth a grip. (I thought ya finished the cris-craft too..lol)

I was travelling some where in Northeran Alberta up here and i stopped in a small town for some eats,the lady serving me was telling me that her and her husband were closing down the local water hole and everything was for sale.So i stopped by there before leaving and he showed me two old juke boxes,he wanted $500.00 for both..one was basically a parts machine...i never picked it up,but i told a friend and he did.and wow did he get a deal,the thing still worked,amazing plus he got like 10 boxes of 45's for it.And like you Eddy he took his time to rebuild it,searching for parts god knows were.Now it sits in his rec room,looking brand new,and sounds good to boot.

Thats awesome. Nice job.

If you were able to find one like this in great working condition you would pay 1k-5k. There isnt realy a "BlueBook" that I could find
All and all I have about 1k into it.

DAmn...I love refurbishing / fixing old equipment.....I did a 1893 Singer sewing machine for my mom but it got nothing on that machine....let me guess, No wiring diagrams either....

BTW, I was hoping it was the cris craft too.....:D

Looks neat Eddy. I think we all need to make a trip to his place to take a crack at the jackpot. :)

I also thought Eddy was refering to his boat. One of these days..... ;)

ZANDOR said:
Sweet Eddy but did you really need to post this three times?

And when I read your title I thought you had finished your boat:devious:

I thought the same thing LOL.

Nice job on the slot machine.

I thought the boat was finished too. :)

The slot machine is cool as hell though. Was the schematic (sp?) still in there or did ya have to find that too?
Awesome bro. I would like to try something like that.

That's pretty nice man! You do have your gaming license right?! LOL I've been on my Dad's ass forever about finishing his old Chicago Police call box, I'll have spark that one up again after seeing this!

Dammit man you had me all excited I was gonna see a finished boat, in the water, leaving a killer wake in its...well...wake!!! Grrrrr still no boat. Cmon man. No Side Projects! BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT!

Nice job on the slot machine tho.

wow that thing look like you just got. nice job.

Very Cool... so can you give us an idea how the iner workings go?

Can you adjust the odds of payout etc?? or is everything random?

sLY