finally drove my traxxas nitro sport!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i finally drove it.. ran around the yard for a tank.. its fun to drive cause its overpowered (compaired to the savage) but it wont turn for crap when you gas it.. still dont have it tuned right (anyone have the factory needle setting for the traxxas .15??) went to take the wheels off to paint them (chrome was all beat up) and the fronts have bushings n them (i was like wtf??) anyone know what size these are?? so i can get bearings.. once i get all the kinks worked out i think its gonna be a fun little truck (for 35 bux and 20 bux for the radio) i think i am going to get a new exaust (header is banged up badly and wont line up right with the pipe) and i need a new pull start ( or at least more rope its only got about 5 inches of pull) and a body to make it look better.. handles well.. the aluminum threaded shocks are nice and just firm enough for the truck.. hopefully i will have some action shots of it flying like the others..

now for some questions..
i got losi front tires (not sure what kind but the have two different types of ribs on them) are these good or do i need to upgrade?? i will be mostly grass and loose dirt running so i was thinking more of a lug tire..

what are some nice cheep engines that will fit this thing?? i want it fast but i dont have a bank to break so its gotta be cheep..

anyone had one of these?? what are some very breakable parts?? things i need to stock up on or get aluminum for..

i also need faster servos (or a battery pack) i think.. it take almost a half second for the throttle servo to fully move!!! do i need hi torque or just fast ones?? i didnt think this thing was heavy enough to require hi torque servos but i may be wrong..

beason said:
but it wont turn for crap when you gas it.. still dont have it tuned right (anyone have the factory needle setting for the traxxas .15??) (header is banged up badly and wont line up right with the pipe) i didnt think this thing was heavy enough to require hi torque servos but i may be wrong..

Won't turn for crap under power.....It's the nature of the beast...stadium trucks are the understeer kings.

traxxas.com will have the stock pro .15 needle settings.

What did you do to my header?

Hi tourque servos are typically used for steering...for the throttle/brake you would want a hi-speed one.

Sounds like fun....I personally think stadium trucks are great for building driving skill!

Mr T

I think all of the bearings on that thing are 5x10mm

OS .18 cvr will fit in there. I would upgrade the shock towers and rear bulk heads. I would also slap on some RPM a-arms... isnt the nitro sport a copy of the nitro rustler? Check out www.ssrcracing.com for some aluminum. He makes some kick ass parts. A friend of mine and my brother use his parts and have absolutely no probs... Maybe some CVDs would be nice too... i know those plastic sliders don't last long... I also believe there are bushings throughout the entire truck...

Mr T-Maxx said:
What did you do to my header?
Mr T

the header you sent (thanks again) wasn't the right one..

.21, the nirto sport is pre rustler.. "year model befor"

anyone have some bearings there not using?? i need 4 of them..

.21 col you pm me that link?? I'm at work and can't save it under favorates.. :(

I have noticed with my sons electric rustler if you have the front shocks set up to stiff it makes it difficult to turn under power you might want to mess with the set up :).
I just bought a Rc10 I can't wait to get it and do some bashing with my boys :jet:

beason said:
the header you sent (thanks again) wasn't the right one..

Knew that....just razzin ya:)

Jesse threw out some good advice...stiffen the rear shocks and soften the front...tends to put more weight forward and help steering.

Mr T

so with threaded shocks i can just loosen the front and tighten the rear right??
I'm also gonna move the battery forward as soon as i get a hump pack.. there is a space for it between the chassis plates..

That will work Beason when they are to stiff it will try to push the front end instead of turning.

My son has a Nitro Sport that I updated to a TRX 2.5 - the steering only get's worse. We actually put Stampede tires on it and it helped, but makes the truck a bit bulky.

The Bearings are 5x11x4 - if anyone has a dead T-Maxx trans around, the bearings are the same.

Here's a link to the Manual for it:
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/nsport/blueprints/NSport OPER INST 2000 4.pdf

I strongly suggest the 360 degreee Exhaust for the .15 - it sounds sweet and adds a fair amount of power.

link to the exaust??

anyone have a dead maxx tranny??

i guess ill save this one for my "racer" as it should turn better on dirt..

I would not suggest the stinger exhaust if you are going to be jumping at all or doing some wheelies... The tip gets plugged up pretty easily and kills the engine... It is also a good target for crashes and iv vunerable... I would suggest a good side exhaust kit like the THS one.

Back