Finally decided SCX10 BAD BRONCO!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I couldn't get the price right on the tube chassis I was looking at. Decided to go another route. I got my hands on one of the discontinued Proline 73 Bronco bodies. Ordered my Gmade portal axles, also some aluminum c hubs for them and aluminum link mounts. Here are the pics of what I got coming right now. I will prob send the body off to pitdawg and have some custom stuff done to it. I am building this in memory of my uncle who had a 70's bronco.

View attachment 13165

View attachment 13166

Last edited:
There's a long waiting list for that pitdawg hydro stuff, I'm still waiting for them to say I can send the FLM LCG savage to them, well all the FLM parts anyway.

Thanks for the info man! I have a buddy that does some really good airbrush work may go that route not sure.

Here's my SCX-10 with a Bronco Lid:

DSC000081.jpg

Nice lid. I have been searching for the Proline lid I got. Don't understand why Proline disco'd those bodies they are some of the nicest ones I have seen.

Just finished ordering every Aluminum upgrade Gmade makes for there R1 portal axles. Feeling broke LOL. Got a question though. I know integy stuff is usually crap I found these wheels I really like they say High mass there 2.2's. Just wondering what your guys take are on there wheels. I'm trying to stay with as much green as I can kinda my theme here. Also thinking of getting there gear box plate maybe it should be ok I would think since it ties in with the chassis. Hers a pic of the wheels.View attachment 13170

Last edited:
My wallet feels your wallets pain bud. I ordered my vanquish products yesterday from a place in Calgary called pm hobby. Before I ordered I called vanquish directly they're really nice people.
I called, got the fax machine sound, so I hung up, but 5mins later a vanquish rep call my cell phone. He helped me order everthing that I would need for my scaler.

Nothing aluminum from Integy. Vanquish makes some that are similar looking and are going to be much better quality.

Here's a link:

http://store.rc4wd.com/Method-Race-Wheel-101-Green-Black_p_3564.html

Yah thanks Hamz. I have my eye on a set of those wheels I found online. Going to stay away from Integy. I am however going to with some Hot Racing aluminum stuff, There products have held up well on my nitro rigs. I will prob go with there aluminum trans case and steel transmission gear set. May even give there dig unit a try.

Getting ready to order my steel gears for the scx10. Looking at Hot Racing, but found Axial brand for better price are they better or a better quality over the hot racing?

Yah I like RRP stuff these Axial gears were just really affordable. Everywhere online I could find said they liked the Hot racing better then the RRP.

I'm lovin the hot racing diffs and steel trans gears I put on the MERV.

I used a lot of Hot Racing stuff in my m D/T terror. Nice fit and finish.

Hot Racing it will be. Another question though. What does locked transmission mean? I am wanting to get the parts to get my trans together next and found so much different stuff I'm confused. Found locked trans, locked trans without slipper with dig unit, man this stuff is confusing for an old school nitro guy LOL!:hehe: What is a locked trans anyway.

A locked transmission means that the front and rear outputs are locked (meaning that they move at the same time like a like axle).

Does this improve the offroad capabilities a lot Hamz. I was reading on another forum that the stock Axial SCX trans is already locked along with the axles. If this is true then it's not really an upgrade correct. Sorry for all the questions still learning on these crawlers.

It's not really an upgrade of the internals. I think it's another case.

Sorry for barging in but I thought people get new diff lockers cause the axial ones a sintered, vs CNC milled.....I think the vanquish one are milled.